Mazzer users: Yoplait cups make great coffee funnels

Discussion of coffee grinder hardware. How to get the most out of specific grinders. Cleaning and maintenance issues with grinders. Comparison of different grinders.
Jesse

Mazzer users: Yoplait cups make great coffee funnels

Post by Jesse »

Continued from SIVII area under the "VivII looks pretty good next to a GS/3 (from SCAA Champs!)" thread
Niko and I have been writing about roto-tilling the coffee in the portafilter with a paperclip or chopstick and so I went home at lunch and took some pix of what I have been doing.

Following from a tip from my buddy Averian, I cut down a Yoplait packaged yogurt cup to the size that fits best into the filter basket of my handle and then trimmed it for height so it fits snugly under the Mazzer doser and the result is that I am better able to dose all the coffee into my filter.

Following that, I stir the coffee grounds up with both ends of an opened paperclip and the results are awesome distribution each time.

Also, it turns out that for those folks running the Mazzer without a hopper and who don't have a spare 58mm tamp around, the Viv's single basket fits well into the Mazzer throat. I cover the whole thing with the brushed steel lid from a candle and it looks pretty tidy.

[/img]

Return to “Coffee Grinders”