boiler pump lost prime?

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Bru

boiler pump lost prime?

Post by Bru »

In retrospect, removing the water tank while the pump was drawing water into the boiler may not have been the swiftest of moves -- I figured the pump would just cut out immediately. Instead it kept running for a few seconds and now, even though the water tank is full and properly installed (the "low water" light is out), the pump runs but does not draw water into the boiler. I'm thinking that the pump has probably lost its prime. (Well, I'm kinda hoping that's all it is...) Has anyone else had this problem before? Has anyone had to prime the pump? Any hints? (I haven't pulled any panels off yet - hoping for a bit of advice first.)
Bru

Re: boiler pump lost prime?

Post by Bru »

That seems to have been the problem. The instruction manual doesn't mention anything about how to prime the pump, & I had no luck searching for an answer on the net; so I had all the panels off and was looking around for an obvious way to disconnect a hose & fill it with water... Not seeing one I decided to try something else before possibly getting into deeper trouble. In section 2.1 of the instruction manual, "Filling the water tank", I had read the following: "WARNING!! When installing the appliance for the first time, it is necessary to proceed as follows:... " Figuring that a new machine might need to have the pump primed, this line could possibly be deconstructed to imply "it is necessary to prime the pump as follows", I pulled the plug, reconnected & followed those instructions. Everything works fine now.
Now I'm going to make a warning label to stick on the reservoir: "Do not remove when pump is in operation."
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Is there a soft version of the V2 Mini User's Manual ; i.e. PDF, or only a hard copy? If a soft copy is available it would be great to have one for reference and posting to the S1 VII website.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Bru

Post by Bru »

Hey Chas:
I only have a hard copy (came with the machine). I could scan it if you are interested.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Bru, sometimes procrastination has its rewards. I've been meaning to get back to you and take you up on your offer. However this AM, CC offered to mail me a clean copy. Thanks anyway for the offer.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Mini General Q&A”