Kitchen Remodel Recommendations

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
TruthBrew

Post by TruthBrew »

A few things come to mind....

Having a sink (fullsize or wetbar size) on the immediate left of the machine has been great! This is because the steam arm is located there so it provides plenty of room to navigate the pitcher, allows you to vent the wet steam without getting the counter all messy, close access to empty the drip tray, etc....

We have somewhat dark Silestone counter tops, which is excellent at hiding the mess. It doesn't stain and grounds are pretty well hidden so if you have unexpected guests it doesn't look bad if the machine area wasn't totally clean.

Only other thing I can think of is a place for a built-in/recessed knock box.

Have fun!
steve96822
God Shot

Re: Kitchen Remodel Recommendations

Post by steve96822 »

TomP10 wrote:I am planning on upgrading to a S1 in the next year.... conveniently, my wife and I are beginning a kitchen remodel and we are setting aside space for an espresso bar. Yeah!

So, any advice from current S1 users on what should definitely be included? I know I need a dedicated 20amp line and a water source... anything else?

Thanks in advance, Tom
get a 220 line/receptacle so you can experience the way the machine was designed to work. you will also need a 220 volt s1
TruthBrew

Post by TruthBrew »

I assume there is no way to switch our 110V models to 220V? I have access to a dedicated 220 recepticle in my kitchen.

Return to “General Q&A”