Bottomless Portafilter

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
liftoff

Bottomless Portafilter

Post by liftoff »

I just installed the S1 at the roastery today! Exceptional machine, but I knew that since I looked them over pretty well before deciding to carry/sell them. Today was the first time I really got to put one thru it's paces on my own terms. Impressive! I will post more observations after I've used it a while.

Does a list of bottomless portafilter manufacturers exsist?

Thank you
daerider

Post by daerider »

www.chriscoffee.com has a really nice one for sale. I think they are machined by Lino Verna and the quality of his work is excellent!
liftoff

Post by liftoff »

Thank you! The Lino Verna do look to be of a high quality.
daerider

Post by daerider »

You could aways convert one of your portafilters. All you need is a 53mm holesaw available from home depot for about $10.00 and some 600 grit sandpaper to polish the edges. It is a fairly straight forward task and will save you about $45.00.
liftoff

Post by liftoff »

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to give it a try with the holesaw. I have a
La San Marco 2 group that I have a few extra portafilters for. I think I'll give one of those a practice run to gauge my ability.
daerider

Post by daerider »

liftoff wrote:Thanks for the tip! I'm going to give it a try with the holesaw. I have a
La San Marco 2 group that I have a few extra portafilters for. I think I'll give one of those a practice run to gauge my ability.
You might want to drill a pilot hole in a scape piece of 2x4 to use as a guide for the holesaw pilot drill bit. This allowed me to keep holesaw centered in the portafilter while drilling. A rather crude way of doing it, but effective.

Return to “General Q&A”