Drip Tray Removal

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
woodchuck

Drip Tray Removal

Post by woodchuck »

I am currently looking at purchasing a new espresso machine. I have been going back and forth between the Brewtus II and the S1. I like the idea of plumbing in the machine. One question I had to the group was how easy is it to get the drip tray out for cleaning when you plumb in the tray. I saw some earlier posts in the archives but I think the tray has changed abit since then.
Thanks ... Ian.
TruthBrew

Post by TruthBrew »

Any S1 having a "plumbed" drip tray is purely a user modification. There is no factory drip tray plumbing, it's a DIY project.

So to answer your question, it's as easy to get out as you design it to be. I image if you either use a quick disconnect or you run enough tubing to give it about 6-7" of slack, then it would come out quite easily.

After using my machine daily since December, I see no need to plumb the drip tray. I only empty it about once or twice a week and then rinse it at the same time. It holds a large amount of liquid.

Hope that helps.

truth
woodchuck

Post by woodchuck »

Truth, thanks for the feedback. Maybe its because I am used to HX machines, there is alot of flushing going on in those and I seem to generate alot of waste water. The double boiler would certainly help here.

Return to “General Q&A”