is that noise by flushing normal ?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
akin

is that noise by flushing normal ?

Post by akin »

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I am living in Germany. Just got my S1 a week ago. This is my third machine , I am owning La Pavoni, Bezzera 99 and Carimali Uno with rotation pump.The packeging was not quite good, the machine came all in one part no problem but two nuts were loose and one of the foot was bended. Anyway , I installed the machine and everything works well , it makes really tasty shots.
I am just a little bit concerned with the noise that it makes while flushing.
There is a noise not much disturbing but hearable so that I would not
class the S1 as a 'quite' machine.
I have anaylzed it down to the 'gicleur' which sits in the 'out' pipe of the flowmeter.
When flushing there is kind of sizzling as if it was just too narrow for the water to flow in. I am not meaning any vibration noise from the motor, it is actually very quite.
I made a sample record :
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=57336
is this noise normal ?

If I take the 'gicleur' away , it is very quite but then I have a flowrate of 200ml/10sec which is obviously too much.

My machine came with the old steamarm - what an upractical thing :(
This evening I will check if it also has the old motor mountings , may be the motor mountings are also a special service of Chris Coffee.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance ...
Akin
Barry

Post by Barry »

welcome to the forum. I downloaded the file, however, I do not have an AMR codec, it is a fairly uncommon format. I would suggest converting the file to an mp3 which most people can play. As far as the sound made when flushing, on my machine, the sound is almost non-existant. I hear only a tiny splashing sound when the pump is dis-engaged. If you can re-post the file, I would be very curious to hear the sound.

Regards,
Barry
akin

Post by akin »

Hi barry,

thanks for your reply.
Here is the sound file in mp3 format.
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=57414

The sound by me is surely existent :)

Akin

Return to “General Q&A”