S1 for the office...

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
daerider

S1 for the office...

Post by daerider »

I have been enjoying my S1 so much at home that I decided the office staff should not be deprived of the wonderful espresso that she is capable of producing. Because I'm slightly overloading the 20A circuit that the S1 is connected to, I have been running in ECON mode. One thing that I have noticed is that the fan that cools the SSR does not run while in ECON mode yet functions normally while in 20A operating mode. Is this typical?
MrMonkey

Post by MrMonkey »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "the fan that cools the SSR". Is that the fan that normally runs when the steam boiler is on? I'm also running my S1 in ECON mode. Whenever the steam boiler comes on, I can hear the fan running.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I don't run in Econ mode so I've never noticed. But It seems like it should run in Econ mode. The Boiler triac is going to run just as hot in either mode.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
daerider

Post by daerider »

Thanks for the replies,
I checked the ECON operation mode on my home machine and the fan does indeed come on when the boiler is heating. Looks like I will have to give Chris a call on Monday to troubleshoot this.

Return to “General Q&A”