Mini Electricity Cost

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Endo

Mini Electricity Cost

Post by Endo »

Here are my numbers on the Mini using the Kill-a-Watt:

Steam Boiler= 1:30 cycle, Heat Time= :05, Wattage:1285
Brew Boiler= 3:35 cycle, Heat Time= :18, Wattage: 935

The small 1.2L bolier means frequent steam boiler cycling, but only a short :05 heat time.

More to come...........
JohnB

Re: Mini Electricity Cost

Post by JohnB »

Endo wrote:Here are my numbers on the Mini using the Kill-a-Watt:

Steam Boiler= 1:30 cycle, Heat Time= :05, Wattage:1285
Brew Boiler= 3:35 cycle, Heat Time= :18, Wattage: 935

The small 1.2L bolier means frequent steam boiler cycling, but only a short :05 heat time.

More to come...........
Your steam boiler cycles were the same as mine (cool kitchen) so its not the small boiler.
Endo

Post by Endo »

3 hours now with both boilers running. Total of 0.44 kwh on the K-a-W. At $.07/hr, that works out to $0.25 per day running 24/7 at idle (no shots pulled).
Endo

Post by Endo »

Ran only the brew boiler this time (my usual routine). Over the last 6.5 hours I used 0.55 kwh. At my $.07 per kwh, that would cost $.14 per day at idle, or $50 a year if I ran it non-stop the whole time. I assume each shot would only add a fraction of a cent to this (especially since I'm running a vibe pump).

Considering I only run my machine at about 1/10 of this rate, I would say any energy concerns are pointless. I think it costs me over the year about as much as my light fixture in the kitchen.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”