Bosch Solitaire Intermezzo a La Spaziale?

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Harm

Bosch Solitaire Intermezzo a La Spaziale?

Post by Harm »

Hello,

Maybe someone here knows the answer

Bosch has this machine calles the Solitaire Intermezzo 20.

It looks like a Mini Vivaldi but it misses the guages. But it also could be a Rossini. Does someone here knows more about there machines. They are normally sold over $2.000. But now you can buy them here in The Netherlands for $800-1.000.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Bosch Solitaire Intermezzo a La Spaziale?

Post by chas »

Interesting. I would think this means Bosch has OEM'd a customized version of the VII Mini from LaSpaziale. Both the look and the internal specs I found on a translated NL website are identical to the VII Mini.

I was looking for things they might have internally deleted or redesigned to get the price point down. I thought perhaps they had substituted an HX design. However, they state that the group boiler is .45L just like the Vivaldi. They don't say anything about the specs of the steam boiler but the group boiler couldn't produce enough to also be the steam boiler.

Another thing I noticed is that the max wattage is spec'd at 1300W. The is the right spec for the condition when the steam boiler and the pump are both running but not the group boiler. This would seem to indicate that the unit is locked in Economy mode and both boilers can't be on simultaneously.

It's possible that the artsy redesign of the control panel is less expensive and, as you noted, they left off the pressure gauge, but that's hardly enough cost reduction relative to the price this unit is going for.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Harm

Post by Harm »

But it doesn't have the same display layout as the mini V but as the Rossini. Is the Rossini a single boiler?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

You're right. Now that I've looked at photos and specs on the Rossini, it must be a Rossini with the V2 Mini steam lever and a redesigned control panel.

I saw a few reviews that claim the Rossini has great steam. That's hard to believe if the .45L group boiler is also used for steam. However, this is obviously a single boiler machine. I wonder if it uses a thermo-block system for hot water and steam?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Mini General Q&A”