S1 Vivaldi: 96, 97, ECON lights on

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
sumitagarwal
Freeze Dried

S1 Vivaldi: 96, 97, ECON lights on

Post by sumitagarwal »

Sometimes I come to my machine and see the 96, 97, and ECON lights on and nothing else.

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

Thanks!

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: S1 Vivaldi: 96, 97, ECON lights on

Post by chas »

From the User's Manual found on this site:

5.3 Steam Boiler Temperature Detection System Failure
(only with the boiler turned on)
This is a blocking alarm and occurs when the temperature probe of the boiler is in short
circuit (temperature >145°C) or it is in open circuit (disconnected) condition (temperature
<60°C). The lights 19-20-21 turn on.
The alarm can be temporarily cleared by turning the boiler off (Press BOILER (26) button.)
Eventually you will need to turn off the VII and request service.

i.e. check the temperature sensor and it's wiring. Depending how long since you descaled the steam boiler, you may need to remove the temperature sensor and descale it. The sensor is just a thin metal rod so there is nothing that can go wrong with the sensor itself.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
sumitagarwal
Freeze Dried

Re: S1 Vivaldi: 96, 97, ECON lights on

Post by sumitagarwal »

chas wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:07 am From the User's Manual found on this site:

5.3 Steam Boiler Temperature Detection System Failure
(only with the boiler turned on)
This is a blocking alarm and occurs when the temperature probe of the boiler is in short
circuit (temperature >145°C) or it is in open circuit (disconnected) condition (temperature
<60°C). The lights 19-20-21 turn on.
The alarm can be temporarily cleared by turning the boiler off (Press BOILER (26) button.)
Eventually you will need to turn off the VII and request service.
Thank you!! Somehow I failed to spot that in the manual myself, this is very helpful!

While I have your ear: I've always been unable to program volumetric dosing on this machine, and it uses a fixed time length instead (shorter for single, longer for double). Because of this I always pull my shots "manually". Any idea if these two issues could be related?

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”