Mini Vivaldi 1 fine temperature setting impossible

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
mexicano
Freeze Dried

Mini Vivaldi 1 fine temperature setting impossible

Post by mexicano »

Hello together,
i have a mini vivaldi 1 and i cannot set the fine temperature with 1 degree steps.
I can get into the mode, where the lights 100/105 are steadily lit, but when i push the two cup or the boiler button nothing happens.
Any ideas, what this might be?
Thanks in advance for any hint.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Mini Vivaldi 1 fine temperature setting impossible

Post by chas »

Newer S1's and V2's use the same controller board which can be set in either S1 or V2 mode. Not all S1's have this controller board. Your first step should be to check whether you have the correct controller board. You can tell by unplugging the machine, then plugging it back in. If you have a dual mode controller one of two sets of front panel lamps will flash once as soon as you plug the machine in. 3 Yellows = V2 mode, 3 Greens = S1 mode. No blinking lamps means you do NOT have the correct controller board for what you are trying to do.

If you see three Greens you have the correct board, but you need to change it to S2 mode.
With the VII in Standby mode (ON/STBY blinking green), press and hold the Hot Water button for at least 10 seconds. If three yellow lights blink once your machine is now in VII mode. If three green lights blink once the machine is now in VI mode. Each time you hold in the Hot Water button for 10 seconds while in Standby (ON/STBY blinking green), the mode toggles.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”