Dream steam boiler overfill

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Moedeeb
Freeze Dried

Dream steam boiler overfill

Post by Moedeeb »

To cut a long story short my brand new dream s1 arrived with a faulty control panel where 1/2 the led lights didn’t work. I got a replacement from la Spaziale and fitted it. Now the problem is that the steam boiler randomly switches on and overfills to the point where the overfill pressure valve releases and floods the machine and my kitchen. I followed the instructions on the manual from Chris coffee re setting the threshold to “A” as the machine is new. However I think that on my machine it may need to be set to “B” as after I have now tried this and the overfill problem hasn’t happened since. Hopefully all will be well now but just wondered If anyone has any knowledge of what the setting actually does?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Dream steam boiler overfill

Post by chas »

Check out the description of this function in the following manual at the bottom of page 4 / ntop of page 5: http://s1cafe.com/s1dream/docs/S1%20Dre ... erface.pdf

According to this write-up and the fact that your machine is new, the setting is supposed to be "A", but if "B" works for you, go for it. This setting is supposed to correct for a miswired water level sensor on earlier machines. However, it seems to do this by changing the water level probe sensitivity.

So either you received a machine with the sensor miswired or the chemical properties of your water need the different threshold. My current espresso machine is a LaMarzocco GS/3 and it has programmable low, medium, or high thresholds for water level probe sensitivity.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”