HOWTO: Refill the mini-tank hands free

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
GDK
God Shot

HOWTO: Refill the mini-tank hands free

Post by GDK »

I was getting tired of pulling out the tank once or twice a week to refill it, so I came up with a fairly simple solution. When I see the low-water indicator light up, I just say "Hey Google, activate refill" and then go back to my other business.

I installed a tube that hangs on top of the tank in a way that it does not obstruct tank in/out path:
DSC00289.JPG
In action:
DSC00289.JPG
The control module:
DSC00289.JPG
Attachments
DSC00296.JPG
DSC00294.JPG
Velcro
Macchiato

Re: HOWTO: Refill the mini-tank hands free

Post by Velcro »

ow is the valve connected to google?

Not that I want google to know how much espresso I drink as they already know to much about me :shock:
Velcro
Sette 270
La Spaziale Dream v1.24
IMS Baskets & Reg Barber C-Flat 53.3
GDK
God Shot

Post by GDK »

A few more details. I restricted the flow so that tank fills to about 4/5th in 1.5 minutes, created a program sequence for the socket controlling the solenoid: (ON, 1.5 minutes timeout, OFF).

For those concerned about Google knowing too much, you can call the sequence whatever you want and that will give no clue to what you are doing. Google knows it is controlling a socket - that is all. Besides, this solution does not have to be connected to the Google assistant, smart phone will do.

Apology for the extra picture inserts, not sure why it happened.
GDK
God Shot

Post by GDK »

One more thing:

WARNING: this is a human activated sequence and as such is prone to ERROR. If you activate it before tank light is on, you will likely get a big puddle on the counter and the floor! A water sensor can be added to detect over fill and shut off the valve.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”