Timer DIY

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
pev
Americano

Timer DIY

Post by pev »

Heya,

Has anyone properly looked at how to DIY a timer alternative? I searched the forum and a few people mentioned thinking that it uses a serial protocol - is it documented or has anyone tried reverse engineering it? I guess if there's anyone in the UK with a timer I could have a look at it wouldn't take long to work out...

Glenn
Freeze Dried

Re: Timer DIY

Post by Glenn »

I’ve wondered about this myself for my Vivaldi II. It seems to me that knowing the serial RS-232 commands, the machine could easily be controlled through home automation software and something like a Global Cache iTach.

Does anybody know where we could find a table of the serial commands?

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Timer DIY

Post by chas »

Two things:

1) I have never seen the serial protocol used between the front panel and the controller board documented.

2) To remotely turn the machine on and off, that protocol is not what is used anyway. All you have to do is momentarily ground the right pin on the front panel. If you use the Search feature on this forum you should be able to find any number of different solutions folks have come up with the implement this method.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.23 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”