Steady red lights #'s 20 & 21

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
JoeCoffee
Americano

Steady red lights #'s 20 & 21

Post by JoeCoffee »

Hi, I'm looking for some layman's language advice as I'm not going to open up my machine and try to fix it myself. Just want to know what's going on and what service and repairs would entail. I looked at the manual but didn't find that helpful

I have a La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II. A few weeks ago, it blew a fuse, which I replaced and things were working fine.

Now it appears there is a possible boiler-related issue. This morning I turned it on, and all seemed normal, until after a few minutes red lights numbers 20 & 21 came on steady. There is no functionality, and I really need this to work for the holidays.

Can you tell me what is going on? How do a find a repair facility in the Phoenix-Scottsdale area?

Thanks in advance.

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Steady red lights #'s 20 & 21

Post by chas »

Lights 20 and 21 on steady means that the coffee boiler temperature probe has failed. This is pretty easy to fix yourself once you have the part in hand. However, the best case option is that the wire just popped off which is unlikely but worth checking since this would be a "free" fix. In either case it requires removing the side and rear covers so you can see the back side of the coffee boiler.

You can buy the part here for $60.
LS Coffee Boiler Temperature Probe

According to Google, the places below service espresso machines in your area.
AZLaSpazRepair.jpg
Good luck with any of these options having it fixed before Christmas, however,
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.23 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

JoeCoffee
Americano

Post by JoeCoffee »

Thank you so much for this. Happy holidays!

JoeCoffee
Americano

Post by JoeCoffee »

Just a follow up. Temperature probe was replaced but didn't do any good. Lights 20 & 21 still turn steady red after five minutes. I've also been frustrated by the fact that La Spaziale is unreachable in the US. The telephone number on the website is disconnected and refers callers to another mysterious number where you can leave a message, but no one calls back.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”