Drip tray filling up

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
triathlon61
Latte

Drip tray filling up

Post by triathlon61 »

C95BCF89-EEBF-4BCA-B6F6-37548FDD5EE4.jpeg
My drip tray fills completely in one day. I called Chris Coffee and I was told to remove the metal bezel and on the right, I can see where the dripping is occurring (see attached picture) and tighten that nut (indicated with orange arrow). I rotated it clockwise and counterclockwise, it reduced the dripping but not enough. It now fills the drip tray halfway in one day. It does not seem to matter which way I turn it. Any advice would be welcomed.
goodboyr
Barista

Re: Drip tray filling up

Post by goodboyr »

There is probably debris inside at the rubber seat of this valve that is causing the leak. You will need to take it apart and clean it. Here is the link on the instructions:

https://www.s1cafe.com/s1v2/VII_Expansion.php
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If it's not debris or mineral deposits and it looks like the rubber seat itself needs replacement, the part is $4.95 plus shipping.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/collections ... ement-seat
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
gbelton
Freeze Dried

Post by gbelton »

With my Mini Vivaldi II, it seems as soon as water hits the puck on brew cycle, water starts flowing freely through the drain to the drip tray. Would this be the likely problem/solution?

Thanks!

Gary
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

The other drip tray filling up post on this page is from a plumbed in model and the mini does NOT have the part that was dripping for this owner. However, if you look at the photo of the expansion valve that was dripping in this machine you will see a copper pipe to the rear, left of this valve. Your machine does have that and it is the most likely culprit for you.

This pipe comes from the 3-way valve and is only supposed to drip water when you first turn off the group. It is used to relieve the 9bar of pressure so water and grounds don't spray all over when you remove the group. If this solenoid valve is only partially switching, it would cause the problem you are seeing.

However, the first step is to be sure this is what is leaking. Remove the grate covering the drip tray and pull a shot (no need to add coffee) While doing this determine where the leak is coming from. If you need help take a photo or video and post it here
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”