Mini Vivaldi S1 - can’t maintain group pressure

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Post Reply
goleafsgo
Freeze Dried
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:13 am
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mini Vivaldi S1 - can’t maintain group pressure

Post by goleafsgo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:31 am

Here is a video of the problem: https://youtu.be/uUue0n3u_-A

Any thoughts on where the problem might lie? Pump? Solenoid?

Thank you in advance for the input!

goleafsgo
Freeze Dried
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:13 am
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Re: Mini Vivaldi S1 - can’t maintain group pressure

Post by goleafsgo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:20 am

I should also add that if I backflush using the blind basket I quickly get the group water dosing system failure error code - 3 blinking lights.

User avatar
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer
Posts: 2717
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: Central Maryland
Contact:

Re: Mini Vivaldi S1 - can’t maintain group pressure

Post by chas » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:25 am

Looks like you haven't gotten any responses. You might want to call tech support at Chris Coffee Service. Since they are the regional distributors for this machine, they really don't seem to care if you bought it from them.

I've never owned a mini. I can usually help Mini owners anyway since 80% of the Mini is the same as the plumbed models. However, I believe your issue is somewhere in the other 20%. So if no other Mini owners on the Forum can help you, a call to CCS may be your best bet. (518) 452 - 5995

Due to being a distributor and authorized LaSpaziale repair depot they usually have all parts in stock.

That being said, I am highly suspicious of the pump. If your machine is less than 2 years old a new one should be covered under warranty.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.23 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

goleafsgo
Freeze Dried
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:13 am
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Re: Mini Vivaldi S1 - can’t maintain group pressure

Post by goleafsgo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Thanks for the advice. I spoke to Chris Coffee. Since the group holds 10 bar of pressure with the blind basket in, they said this proves the pump is fine. Makes sense. They suspected some combination of tamp/grind/dose. I fully cleaned my compak k3 and measured out my dose (16g double) and started coarse and went progressively finer until I got to the point wheee, once again the unit backs off at about 7.5 bar and settles in at like 4 bar. They said try a paper clip, maybe the distribution is off. I dunno. Chris coffee owes me nothing but I’ve been using this machine for 7 years and haven’t changed my process a bit. I’m stumped. May have to resort to having a shop near me (Toronto) take a look. Open to any other ideas! Thanks!

goodboyr
God Shot
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Mini Vivaldi S1 - can’t maintain group pressure

Post by goodboyr » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:02 pm

I've used espresso planet for some early service before I decided to do my own and they known la spaz machines quite well.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W

User avatar
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer
Posts: 2717
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: Central Maryland
Contact:

Re: Mini Vivaldi S1 - can’t maintain group pressure

Post by chas » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:20 pm

What's the point of "wheee"?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.23 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

goleafsgo
Freeze Dried
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:13 am
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Re: Mini Vivaldi S1 - can’t maintain group pressure

Post by goleafsgo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Hah! Typo. Should say “where”

Post Reply

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”