Is the pump on my S1 Dead ?

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
cliffbar
Americano

Is the pump on my S1 Dead ?

Post by cliffbar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:55 pm

Hi,

Looking for a bit of direction as I try fix a used S1 Mini I picked up.

I am excited to clean and fix this wonderful machine. I am a newbie to this machine so it could be something basic.

Question 1:
Issue: Pump does not turn on.

Diagnostic: After powering up and pressing on and hot water for 3 sec pump does not turn on and no pump sound. Do hear the Valve Relays. When I opened the system the Time switch was in the ON position. I did look in the base for the connection but there was non. Turned switch to OFF.
Removed pump put 120V across the terminals and the pump did not turn on. <<< I presume this is proof it's shot.. But looking for confirmation before I order a new one.

The Fix ? ... IS this the correct pump. Part Number 1122735 - VIBRATORY PUMP 48W, 120V, 50/60 Hz

Questions 2
This unit was built in 2011 so what parts would you recommend I replace or clean. If possible part numbers would be a great help, I find often I can work out what to fix if I have the right part in my hand. Too often I order the wrong part and then can't work out why things don't work.

Your advice is greatly appreciated, I am a newbie and look forward to adding to the community in future.
Thanks,
Cliff
La Spaziale s1 mini. Exobar Lever, Kompak K6 with home made programmable grind timer.

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Is the pump on my S1 Dead ?

Post by chas » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.23 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

cliffbar
Americano

Re: Is the pump on my S1 Dead ?

Post by cliffbar » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it
Thanks,
Cliff
La Spaziale s1 mini. Exobar Lever, Kompak K6 with home made programmable grind timer.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”