S1 / Macap setup

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
TruthBrew

S1 / Macap setup

Post by TruthBrew »

Here is mine, not nearly what BrianO has to show, but it works great and makes cleanup easy.

I currently have the hopper removed on the Macap so I can switch between regular and decaf beans (my wife is nursing). Paradise Roasters beans are my house choice, though I mail order Intelligensia from time-to-time

Last edited by TruthBrew on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonW

Post by JonW »

Lookin' good!

Do you worry at all about the heat & steam going right up on the cabinet above?

- Jon
TruthBrew

Post by TruthBrew »

I don't worry about it. The heat does warm up the lower cabinet section(so I don't store beans there), but it by no means gets hot. I'm sure it's no worse than the cabinets next to my stove.
OskiFan

Your MACAP

Post by OskiFan »

I am considering the exact setup, with a MACAP doser and Vivaldi. I also try to drink decaf when it is late, so can you tell me how you modified your grinder to easily switch between beans? Does it make a bigger mess when you grind?

Thanks-I'm green with envy!
TruthBrew

Post by TruthBrew »

I didn't modify the grinder really, I simply do a couple things.

1) I removed the finger guard on the output shoot in the doser so that you can use a little brush to sweep out the grounds when switching beans or being done for the day.

2) I don't use the hopper. I simply weigh each dose (or estimate by volume), pour into the grinder, then use set an old 58mm tamper in the grinder neck (wrapped it with electrical tape to fit) to keep the beans from popcorning when grinding.

Works really well for me, though I do it less now because my wife is again drinking caffeine.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I switch back & forth between regular & decaf beans in my M4 w/doser daily with no issues. I left the hopper on but removed the black sliding cover & both finger guards. My wife's vacuum has a small nozzle that fits right into the burr area & also the doser chambers. I can completely clean out the doser, chute & burrs in 30 seconds or less.

Return to “Pride Page”