Water preference

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
scotthardycrna
Freeze Dried

Water preference

Post by scotthardycrna »

Hi guys. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my A53 mini Lucca from Clive. I am looking for recommendations for/against bottled water versus tap. I am thinking that ICe mountain would be best for our location. They have "drinking water" and "spring". Any help would be appreciated.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Water preference

Post by chas »

The main issue is hardness. The water entering the machine needs to be less than 3 grains of hardness or 55ppm. (Otherwise, internal mineral deposits will build up quickly.) If you pick a water than is harder than this you will need to add one of those small in-tank softener cartridges. This issue with those is cost and longevity. Due to their small size they have to be replaced more often. So if one of your water sources is already soft enough, go with that rather than using harder water plus the softener cartridges.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
scotthardycrna
Freeze Dried

Re: Water preference

Post by scotthardycrna »

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with one of the techs at Clive and they recommended using a Mavea brand filter. So I ordered one. I'll be testing my water before and after filtering when I get the testing strips.

Return to “General Q&A”