3 Yellow Lights

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
ronsil

3 Yellow Lights

Post by ronsil »

Hi All,

Have been a very happy user of a Vivaldi II S1, in the UK, since January 2008. I purchased my Machine just before the newer motherboard arrived with pre-infusion & extended temp adjustment.

This week I upgraded to a new Vivaldi with all the 'bells & whistles". Lovely to now have spot on temps at the lights & am enjoying pre-infusion as I play with it to suit my tastes.

I have a question relating to the 3 yellow warning lights. On my old machine I only ever saw these when backflushing. I assume it indicated pressure build up.

Now with the new machine I am getting this warning more regularly after I press the double or single shot button. They appear after a 3 second pre-infusion has finished & the pour starts. For some reason pressure seems to be indicated at that time. I initially thought it was the grind being too fine so I backed off a notch on my grinder but it still happens. I went back to my more normal finer grind & this morning no yellow lights appeared.

I would ask a - do you think it needs some sort of pressure adjustment ( 9 bar at the moment). & b - is it doing any damage to the pump?.

Ron :-?
Endo

Re: 3 Yellow Lights

Post by Endo »

There is no pressure sensor on the Vivaldi. It is a FLOW sensor. 3 lights indicates the rotor in the flow meter is not turning. If you are sure it is not due to too fine a grind, I suggest you open it up to see if it is melted. Look here for instructions:

http://cremina-endo.blogspot.ca/2011/08 ... embly.html

Other possibility is some type of flow restriction. Might be caused by scale in your gicleur. You can remove that and check as well.

Return to “General Q&A”