Which bottomless portafilter, is there a difference?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
greenkiwi

Which bottomless portafilter, is there a difference?

Post by greenkiwi »

I have an S1 that is currently shipping and am thinking about getting a bottomless PF, however there are at least 4 available :-?

Chris Coffee has one:
The LA SPAZIALE portafilter fits all commercial La Spaziale machines as well as the MIni Vivaldi and the Vivaldi II. This portafilter is cut out by the manufacturer so you will notice the nice chrome finish on the bottom. Included with the portafilter is a La Spaziale Triple Insert Basket.

Seattle Coffee Gear has two:
1 w/ double basket
1 w/ triple basket

1-st Line has one:
Bottomless Portafilter for LA SPAZIALE 53mm with all chrome plating and 2 cup basket. Please note that our portafilters are made naked first, then they are chrome plated for a full beautiful finish.

The two tripple ones are $75, while the ones with doubles are about $50-60.

I've been poking around through a ton of posts and people have mixed feelings about the triple baskets, so I didn't know whether it's worth the extra $25. And then is there any reason to not get the cheapest option?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere.

-a
Endo

Re: Which bottomless portafilter, is there a difference?

Post by Endo »

This is a very easy decision. Get the triple PF from CC for $75.

It comes with the triple basket included and you can ALSO use it with your current double basket and have BOTH options.

The $60 ones are the old double bottomless PFs. They aren't cut large enough to accomodate the triple basket.
greenkiwi

Re: Which bottomless portafilter, is there a difference?

Post by greenkiwi »

Thanks Endo, mine is ordered... I can't wait until Tuesday, when it arrives.

-a

Return to “General Q&A”