Need help in descale ...anyone in La, Ca area?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
SimonSoCal

Need help in descale ...anyone in La, Ca area?

Post by SimonSoCal »

Time went by so fast this year. It's coming close to a year since I brought my s1vii from here. I ran RO water since day one and I'm thinking it is about time to descale the machine.
However I'm not very handy with tools (even though I have read few passages from johnB) and so I was wondering if there is any S1 forum reader that is willing to lend a helping hands. I'm willing to compensate your time. I don't trust any local repair man and drop off the machine without literally see it was done properly. (sorry but just read too many negative news about repairman)

On a simpler side, I have been suggested to buy a flow jet and run critic acids to plumb thru the whole system and descale that way. Will this work?

Much appreciate in advance.
JohnB

Re: Need help in descale ...anyone in La, Ca area?

Post by JohnB »

If you are running RO water why would you need to descale? Is the steam boiler getting really loud when it heats up?
SimonSoCal

Post by SimonSoCal »

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I'm using RO water, but I thought it is generally good idea to descale once a year.
Btw, how do you define the loud when the boilers are working. I mean I can hear them but nothing that would scare me from thinking it going to burst. I guess.

so, for learning purpose, if in the future can I use the flojet as a simpler way to descale the machine? Thanks again
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

The only reason to descale is if you have a build up of scale. The only reason to put up with relatively tasteless RO water is so you never have to descale.
Endo

Post by Endo »

SimonSoCal wrote:Btw, how do you define the loud when the boilers are working. I mean I can hear them but nothing that would scare me from thinking it going to burst.
When you have scale built-up, you'll hear a strong whining and occasionally little pops, on heating and just after the heating stops.

Return to “General Q&A”