My New Love

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
AlbyAlby

My New Love

Post by AlbyAlby »

Hello

I finally got around to take a photo. I received my Vivi last thursday but my grinder came on friday. So Thursday was absolute torture knowing I have an awesome espresso machine but no grinder to use it with.

I also added a drain mod, so easy and so convenient.

Here is a pic of my setup. Little messy.

Niko

Post by Niko »

NICE!! :D
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

congrats on your new equipment! What is the mat that you have under your Vivaldi?

Steve
Niko

Post by Niko »

Looks to me like one of those IKEA mats.
zoey

Post by zoey »

What brand of timer do you have on the front of the machine?

How did you decide on the doser v.s the doserless?
AlbyAlby

Post by AlbyAlby »

I got the counter mat from Crate and Barrel. I didn't want to risk water on my granite. I just picked up the timer from Cost Plus Market, no idea what brand it is :?

My parents have a doser grinder in their home so I just got used to using a doser :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I look forward to contributing to this forum.
Niko

Post by Niko »

The granite is tougher than you think.
Hot pots, spilled water and other minors things won't hurt granite like they can on marble.
You need to bring a hammer to the party to inflict any damage on granite. I don't have granite but I do speak from experience having more than once giving other peoples granite slabs a run for their money :lol:
AlbyAlby

Post by AlbyAlby »

Niko wrote:The granite is tougher than you think.
Hot pots, spilled water and other minors things won't hurt granite like they can on marble.
You need to bring a hammer to the party to inflict any damage on granite. I don't have granite but I do speak from experience having more than once giving other peoples granite slabs a run for their money :lol:
Can you explain that to my wife? :lol:
zoey

Post by zoey »

Once upon a time I managed a retail food establishment that had granite counter tops. We displayed food, which was in aluminum pans, on the counters.

They took some serious abuse. I mean serious. Think about it! 20 high school kids using everything from bleach to scrubby pads on it. They dropped heavy metal spatulas on it, occasionally used it as a step stool, and God only knows what else.
Niko

Post by Niko »

....I'm telling you,
you literally need to bring a hammer to the party to do anything to granite 8)
PBL
Espresso

Alby nice set up

Post by PBL »

Alby, congatulations on being a new Spaz owner and nice setup. Will agree with the others on the the dark granites, they are almost bullet proof. Seems you have Dakota granite. No need to hide it to protect it. Mine is sealed about once every five years or so and I really don't worry about. Also the colour pretty well hides those grinds that fly out of my Rocky.

I have mine closer to the sink and use the rim of my in sink garbage disposer, Miss Maytag, to knock out the pucks. Increases counterspace and is very convenient.
Vivaldi S1 and my buddy Rocky

Return to “Pride Page”