This is all I need for a great espresso (cappuccino).

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
PBL
Espresso

This is all I need for a great espresso (cappuccino).

Post by PBL »

Well maybe a tamper that is little better than the plastic kids tool that comes with the Vivaldi.

Niko

Post by Niko »

Well, well, well...
very nice indeed!
Nice to see that someone is getting some good use from a Rocky :wink:
Weska

Post by Weska »

Yes, that ought to suffice. If only I had bought a Rocky instead of an MDF, I might have a setup exacly like yours.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I love the faucet!
My eyes keep going to that faucet.
zoey

Post by zoey »

Is it just me or do the majority of people here have granite counter tops?

How do you like the doserless Rocky? I think the Rocky will be my next grinder as soon as I find $300+ laying around.

Come to think of it, if I skipped one weekend of motorcycle racing, I could almost buy 4 brand spanking new Rocky's. :roll:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

zoey wrote:Is it just me or do the majority of people here have granite counter tops?

How do you like the doserless Rocky? I think the Rocky will be my next grinder as soon as I find $300+ laying around.

Come to think of it, if I skipped one weekend of motorcycle racing, I could almost buy 4 brand spanking new Rocky's. :roll:

No granite c/t here. Just skip Saturday & buy a Macap or Mini Mazzer.
Niko

Post by Niko »

No granite here either, I'm just a simpleton with formica and ceramic tiles here and there :cry:

Speaking of Rocky, you need at least one of these to make good espresso.
John's right, skip the next race :wink:
Bushrod

Post by Bushrod »

We just got Silestone in our new kitchen.

Rocky DL is working for me. I may buy something new later. There's a La San Marco SM90 for $150 on the local craigslist. Decisions, decisions...
Niko

Post by Niko »

I'd just save the money and use the trusty 'ol Rocky for a while. Maybe later, way later down the road when a nice little MACAP or Mazzer hits craigslist...then you may want to jump on one for a steal rather than a deal. :wink:
zoey

Post by zoey »

At $150.00 it's either broken or the seller doesn't know what they have. I'm seeing them new for well over $600.

Here's one on FleeBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/LA-SAN-MARCO-LASANM ... dZViewItem

I'm having a hard enough time justifying spending the $300 for a Rocky. I just don't understand why it should cost so much to simply "grind up beans". Yea, yea, yea. I know. The grinder makes all the difference in the world. ........Why dump 2K into a machine and grind your coffee in an inferior $50 grinder.......yadda, yadda, yadda

But then again, why do I spend $350 on a set of tires for the race bike and destroy them in two days...... :roll:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

zoey wrote:
I'm having a hard enough time justifying spending the $300 for a Rocky. I just don't understand why it should cost so much to simply "grind up beans".
You're right, you should spend $500 on a nice Macap M4 Stepless.
EricC

Post by EricC »

zoey wrote:I'm having a hard enough time justifying spending the $300 for a Rocky.
Or, go the whole hog and get a Versalab (http://www.versalab.com/server/coffee/grinder.html) for $1550. 8)
zoey

Post by zoey »

So, did you want me to charge it to your Mastercard or Visa? :wink:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

zoey wrote:So, did you want me to charge it to your Mastercard or Visa? :wink:
I believe that would be an American Express Platinum Card. :lol:
Weska

Post by Weska »

Guys, some of the high prices for things in our espresso come from the low volume coupled with the business use of this equipment. When we buy we are competing with businessmen who want to set up a decent, turnkey operation (or as close to that as possible). They don't want to be called a night about a grinder that has failed, and they will spend the price once when opening shop while they are squandering tens of thousands on decorative things. After that, they'll depreciate it over five years and see if it can go longer.

If I were a manufacturer of grinders and espresso machines, I too would price to the main market.
zoey

Post by zoey »

Not to mention that there are silly monkeys in the private sector, such as myself, who will pay exorbitant prices for goods. :roll:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

How many cafe's(businesses) are buying Versalab grinders & GS3s?
Niko

Post by Niko »

Probably none... :dontknow:
PBL
Espresso

Countertops and faucets

Post by PBL »

I guess granite is one of those fads, that just makes sense as well as being fadish (if that is a word). Seems to be the hottest choice at this time. It is tough as rock, parden the pun, looks great, is easy to clean, almost impossible too stain and well is just there to show off La Spaziale products.

Last faucet started leaking like a sieve and I could not find parts, some Aussie brand with no distributers in North America. A friend of mine is an importer of plumbing products so I went to his warehouse one day and chose this one. Works well, is very practical and has lots of clearance so I can get just about anything under it. PS wife loves it,and it made it easier to justify the Spaz purchase. At the time she wanted a $1,200 superautomatica. She has since seen the beauty of coffee and it is made by La Spaziale espresso machines.
Vivaldi S1 and my buddy Rocky
JohnB

Re: Countertops and faucets

Post by JohnB »

PBL wrote:PS wife loves it,and it made it easier to justify the Spaz purchase. At the time she wanted a $1,200 superautomatica. She has since seen the beauty of coffee and it is made by La Spaziale espresso machines.
My wife thought I was crazy when I started buying French Presses until she tasted the coffee. When I bought the Vivaldi & Macap combo she didn't really complain (much) but she definitely thought it was over the top. Since I started making her Americanos & Lattes the only thing she has to say about the equipment is, "Is the machine ready yet?" or " I turned on the machine a half hour ago, make me coffee".
Niko

Post by Niko »

JohnB wrote: the only thing she has to say about the equipment is, "Is the machine ready yet?" or " I turned on the machine a half hour ago, make me coffee".
Wow! Sounds like you have a great timer to turn the machine ON for you :wink:
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Niko wrote:
JohnB wrote: the only thing she has to say about the equipment is, "Is the machine ready yet?" or " I turned on the machine a half hour ago, make me coffee".
Wow! Sounds like you have a great timer to turn the machine ON for you :wink:
Ok. I think I'll get married. :love10: (electricity savings :D )
Niko

Post by Niko »

Pawel, dude, you need a timer...I mean a wife or someone that doubles as a timer for your espresso machine :lol:

My wife turns on the old S1 for me sometimes :thumbleft:
zoey

Post by zoey »

Trust me when I say that buying several hundred new timers will still cost you less than a wife. :lol:
Niko

Post by Niko »

A wife is like a 16oz solid Platinum timer with diamond studded buttons and a sapphire crystal LCD panel :lol:
...many times over of course.
zoey

Post by zoey »

Not to mention that you can sell one of them on Ebay and the other you can't. :lol:
PBL
Espresso

Post by PBL »

I am glad my wife:bootyshake: doesn't read this thread and just enjoys the coffee. She did like the pictures of the S1 on her granite counter. I have sqautters rights on the coffee machine as long as I make her great coffee in the morning but she seems to get final say on most other matters. Yeah and not putting her on eBay is probably wise move. LOL. :roll:
Vivaldi S1 and my buddy Rocky
Niko

Post by Niko »

PBL wrote:Yeah and not putting her on eBay is probably wise move. LOL. :roll:
you mean your wife?
Wow, I should try that...

Return to “Pride Page”