mini-vivaldi II was a mini-vivaldi I

Did you have a bad "out-of-box" experience with your Mini? Describe it here and report back with the final resolution.
tobake

mini-vivaldi II was a mini-vivaldi I

Post by tobake »

Excited as a little child on xmas eve I opened my package and discovered that what I thought was going to be a mini vII was a model I didn
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I'm surprised to hear that as I thought the Mini was a brand new machine based on the V2. :?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

If you go to the La Spaziale web site & zoom in on the pic of the Mini the temp range is 85C-120C like the original Vivaldi. Maybe the Mini V2 is a CC exclusive??
tobake

Post by tobake »

No I dont think it is exclusive for Chris. I explicitly ordered a v2 from a swedish company. They were as surprised as I was. The machine was sent to me directly from Italy so they didnt have the chance to look at it before I got it.
tobake

Post by tobake »

Update.

It turnes out that the mk2 of the mini IS a Chris Coffee exclusive!!

But with a easy re-programming it is possible to upgrade the electronics in my machine to act as the mk2. They are to send me an upgraded scale! With the programming you also get the new decreased delta wich the mk2 has.

The only thing that differs now is manometers. But I supposed I can live with that.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

That makes sense as we can program our S1 V2s to go into V1 mode. When we do that the preset (by CC) V2 offset temp reverts to 0*C. I would think that once in V2 mode you will have to determine the correct offset yourself.
Niko

Post by Niko »

The Mini VII is a Chris exclusive here in the States and you're in Sweden so it made no sense that you got an older version.
Nevertheless, it's good to hear you're going to be "switched" over to a version II :thumbleft:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I was surprised to read that the S1 V2 was readily available in Europe. From everything I've read LaSpaziale built that version to Chris's wish list & I would imagine he had to pre order a number of machines.
Niko

Post by Niko »

He usually gets 100 machines per shipment of the regular VII's, I would imagine it's the same with the Mini.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

When I was up there in January Mary mentioned that they had sold 2500+ of the S1s alone. I would imagine that that would make CC pretty popular at LaSpaziale. Still have to wonder why the S1V2 is readily available in Europe but the Mini V2 is not if both machines were designed for Chris. How long was the Mini V1 around before Chris brought in the V2 version?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Based on other things discovered and discussed on this Forum, it makes you wonder if the Mini-V1 is really a Mini-VII switched into V1 mode!

I guess we'd have to take one of you Mini-VII owners to try the instructions posted in the VII area about switching the VII into V1 mode and see if it also works on the Mini.

Chris probably gets an exclusive for a period of time but not forever. Which makes me wonder if that's why the current VII circuit boards have a VI mode. That way LaSpaz can still sell the VI during the exclusivity period by selling the exact same machine just set into S1 mode plus a different sticker above the LEDs.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

chas wrote: Chris probably gets an exclusive for a period of time but not forever. Which makes me wonder if that's why the current VII circuit boards have a VI mode. That way LaSpaz can still sell the VI during the exclusivity period by selling the exact same machine just set into S1 mode plus a different sticker above the LEDs.
The S1 V1s I've seen selling here in the U.S. are still using the single manometer but I'm sure they can be set into V2 mode just like the Mini V1 if they were produced recently.
tobake

Post by tobake »

I just tried to switch my machine to V2-mode. Didn
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If you unplug your Mini-V1, when you first plug it back in, the three green lights should blink once. This indicates that your Mini is in VI mode. If this doesn't happen then your mini probably can't switch modes, but try the steps below anyway. The worst that will happen is....nothing!

With the Mini in standby, press and hold the hot water button for at least 10 seconds, the three yellow lights will blink once which indicates the Mini is now in VII mode. In this mode the LEDs will have the same meaning as on the Mini-VII.

If you repeat the process above, the three green lights will blink indicating that the Mini is back in VI mode.

If in doubt as to which mode you are in, just unplug the V2 and then plug back in to see if the 3 yellow or 3 green lamps blink once.
Chas
Hottop P/B
tobake

Post by tobake »

I tried the steps! But nothing happens when I unplugg and then plug it in again. The only thing that happens is that the standby LED starts to blink.

Does that mean that the circuit is too old?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

The only thing we can say for sure is that you don't have the same controller board as a VII. Now we need someone with a Mini-VII to try this process to see if that model is switchable.
Chas
Hottop P/B
tobake

Post by tobake »

I got the instructions directly from the La Spaz factory. I have requested a more specified instruction. I will get that soon. I post the update on that later.
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

tobake wrote:I got the instructions directly from the La Spaz factory.
Funny feeling... but I bet they read the instructions of VI-to-VII switching on this site LOL :lol:
Is the mini-VII really exclusive to ChrisCoffee and unavailable outside the States? You know, if I haven't insisted strongly on buying VII from my local seller in Poland then I'd have to get it from Hasbean from UK. Yet the mini-VII does not appear on his page...
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If you look on the LaSpaziale site they only show the S1 and Mini-S1.
Chas
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

Looks like the site hasn't been updated in quite some time, for all we know there could be more machines we don't know about yet :dontknow:

...ooh, wait a minute - I see a new machine called "Alice". :?

Return to “Mini Day One Problems”