Tallest tall feet??

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
JohnB

Tallest tall feet??

Post by JohnB »

Check these babies out. At their shortest they are 4.5" long & they extend up to 7"!! Width is 1.5" at the upper section so they should fit under the machine nicely.

I already know how I'll change the large stud to the smaller V2 size so I just have to decide if I want to reduce the height. A range of 3"-5" might be nice.
Niko

Post by Niko »

:shock:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Niko wrote::shock:
Yes indeed! If I went with the full 7" height I could create a storage area UNDER the Vivaldi.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Who needs cabinets when you can store everything under the Spaz?
Hell, you can park your car under it :lol:

Hurry up and post some pics with them on! 8)
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I should be finished modifying & painting the new legs later today. I'm staying with the 7" height & will probably end up using every bit of it. I had to hit lots of stores but I finally found a nice sliding storage area that will fit under the machine. That will get painted today also so I should have pics of the new set up & expanded JB's coffee world in a day or two.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Do you have the drip tray plumbed in? With mine, thanks to the hole in the chassis under the 3-way, I get water that misses the tray and drips through that hole. I'd never be able to store anything under there.

In my case having the VII taller would just mean being able to get under there and clean the mess off the counter without having to move the machine!

In all honesty I will say that I think I have an assembly issue with my VII. On my S1 the 3-way tube is longer than on my VII. If the VII 3-way tube was the same length as the S1, I think the amount of liquid missing the drip tray would be negligible and I would have little, if any, leakage onto my counter.

Check out the link below. Part the way down the page is a picture of the S1 and VII side by side showing the difference in the 3-way tubing length. Given the hand made nature of these machines, your mileage may vary but I'd be interested to know how many of you also got "short tubed" on your 3-way.

http://www.s1cafe.com/s1v2/S1vsVII.php
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Richard

Post by Richard »

Where did you find those feet?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Mine is pretty much like yours, maybe 1/4" longer but I haven't had any noticeable leakage on the counter. With the drip tray extension right under there I'm surprised you get so much leakage. Since it's just a copper pipe why not bend it forward slightly so it aims more directly into your d/t? I plan to have my knock box in the storage drawer right in this same area so if any water does get by the tray it will just drip into the k/b which gets emptied daily.

I forgot to add that my d/t is not plumbed in so no issues there.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Richard wrote:Where did you find those feet?
Chris at CC recommended them as a better alternative then the wider LaSpaziale tall feet. He had 4 laying around, no idea if he has more. Cost was $40 + sh for the set. Keep in mind that they come with a much larger threaded stud & will not attach to our machines unless the upper portion is replaced with the correct M6X1.00 stud. I have a cut off saw, plasma cutter, mig, bead blast cabinet & paint booth so playing with stuff like this is fun. If you don't have a well equipped shop modifying the legs could be a problem.
RGoldman

Post by RGoldman »

chas wrote:Do you have the drip tray plumbed in? With mine, thanks to the hole in the chassis under the 3-way, I get water that misses the tray and drips through that hole. I'd never be able to store anything under there.

In my case having the VII taller would just mean being able to get under there and clean the mess off the counter without having to move the machine!

In all honesty I will say that I think I have an assembly issue with my VII. On my S1 the 3-way tube is longer than on my VII. If the VII 3-way tube was the same length as the S1, I think the amount of liquid missing the drip tray would be negligible and I would have little, if any, leakage onto my counter.

Check out the link below. Part the way down the page is a picture of the S1 and VII side by side showing the difference in the 3-way tubing length. Given the hand made nature of these machines, your mileage may vary but I'd be interested to know how many of you also got "short tubed" on your 3-way.

http://www.s1cafe.com/s1v2/S1vsVII.php
When I was having a problem with my three way valve dripping, I was getting a lot of water on the counter. I slightly bent the copper tubing to make it drip into the tray and problem solved! Well, that and disassembling the three way valve to clean it out....
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I had the tall feet on the S1 today & it looked pretty cool but I wasn't happy with the stability. I can see what needs to be changed & will be working on t/f version 2 tomorrow.
Niko

Post by Niko »

chas wrote:Given the hand made nature of these machines, your mileage may vary but I'd be interested to know how many of you also got "short tubed" on your 3-way.
I didn't get short-tubed on the VII but I had to really bend it so the drip tray would catch the discharges. My S1 arrived perfectly normal without having to bend it.

Any word on those taller feet, John?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I finished redoing/repainting them today so I should have them on the machine tomorrow if I don't hit anymore snafus. Pics will follow.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Good, looking forward to seeing it on high heels :P
JohnB

King Vivaldi Assends the Throne!

Post by JohnB »

This is about an inch taller then it will sit when I get the storage area under it. When thats finished I'll post picks in my thread on the Pride Page.Image
Weska

Post by Weska »

Enviable. I'm working on getting mine higher too, but I'm setting up a taller countertop on the standard legs. (Still, one could always go even higher.)
Niko

Post by Niko »

Very nice. 8)
Way too tall for my needs, I'd be happy with the 3.25" Spaziale feet that comes standard with the larger commercial units. I'd like just enough clearance to swipe my hand under the machine to wipe the countertop clean.

It's still a cool thing to see a Circus Freak Spaz like that your counter :wink:
Richard

Post by Richard »

Niko wrote:'d like just enough clearance to swipe my hand under the machine to wipe the countertop clean.
Same here. Taller legs would also provide a much improved slope to the drain line between the drain box and the hole in the countertop.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Keep in mind that these legs adjust down to 4.5" high. 1" taller then the LaSpaz tall feet. I set them tall so I'd have room to install the drawer assy tomorrow but once thats in place I will drop the height so there is no gap showing between the counter/drawer/machine.

The LaSpaz feet are 2.5" wide whereas these are only 1.5". Chris thought the L/S feet would look pretty odd on our machines as they will stick out on the sides. If you try to move them in further the mounting stud will foul the drip tray. I like the way these fit under the machine in the same cut out as the stock feet & I also like being able to put the space under the machine to good use.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Both my wife & I are surprised by how much more user friendly the machine feels at the raised height. No more reaching down or squatting to see the pour out of the bottomless p/f. Working with the machine feels more natural & comfortable now.
Weska

Post by Weska »

I expect higher is a lot easier. A lot of bars have a the espresso machine on a riser at the back of the counter and a lower work surface directly in front. Your legs are that riser.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I really noticed the difference today when I was steaming some milk. I had lots more room to move the pitcher around & could use the S5 wand straight down.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

The pics of the new set up are up on the Pride Page.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Thanks, John :thumbleft:
Looks very nice.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Niko - Did the promised commercial feet ever show up from La Spaziale?
Niko

Post by Niko »

No.
And I completely forgot about them :(

Return to “Accessories”