Day 1 Tips?

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
ebohling

Day 1 Tips?

Post by ebohling »

If all goes according to plan, I should be mere hours away from my new mini-VII and Macap grinder. I have cleared the counter top space and am now twiddling my thumbs staring out the front window waiting for UPS.

Are there any tips that anyone can provide on setting up? Anything I should do BEFORE I pull my first shot? Or can I just unbox, place on counter top, plug in, wait for warm up, and go?

3+ weeks is a LONG time to go without good spro! I'll try to contain myself when everything arrives and take photos/videos so I can post though.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Remove the Mini from the box, look for any loose feet to tighten and any other parts that may have been moved or damaged from shipping. Fill the reservoir and pull a whole bunch of blank shots from the group boiler to flush out any nasties and purge the steam boiler several times also.
You might want to scrub the PF's really well and draw the blanks through both of those to minimize any metallic flavor.
Find the Zero point on the MACAP, Chris usually supplies pretty good instructions on how to do that.
You should be ready to roll within an hour... :P

Return to “Mini General Q&A”