JohnB.'s Coffee World

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
JohnB

JohnB.'s Coffee World

Post by JohnB »

Had to rework my end of the counter to get things to fit. Blue cabinet went up to clear the Macap & a white cabinet was added to get some of the coffee
accessories off the counter. Image
Niko

Post by Niko »

Very nice :P

I like the Zass on top of the cabinets.
I've been looking for their Turkish Mill for quite a while.
How's the Kitchen Aid grinder for French Press? I have at least 4 French Presses laying around, I drink about 2 cups a day from one of them.

...oh yeah, I just noticed there's a Vivaldi in the picture as well :lol:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

The KA Pro is great for French Press brewing & drip. The coarsest setting will give you chunks the size of small wood chips! I didn't really trust it for Espresso hence the Macap. I've got 4 different size Chambords also; the big 1.5 ltr is hiding behind the V2. My favorite is the 16 oz & the wife uses the 32oz every morning for her Yerba Mate. Ever try it?

Picked up the Zass Knee Mill for road trips but I use it for F/P decaf at home also. It does a great job & doesn't take too long to turn out a Press grind. Your arm might get pretty tired grinding for Espresso but I hear it does that well too.

The Presses haven't seen a lot of use since I got the V2 as I've been trying to speed up the learning curve by brewing mostly Espresso. I do miss it though & will try some New Guinea Highlands I just received in the press tomorrow.
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

JohnB,
How come your World is WIDER than my world? :?
Are we living in the same world? Stars or Spaz world? :shock:
Who cares! :roll:

Just ENJOY it.

Cafesp
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

My wife says when I build the new kitchen I should design it around the coffee bar. Then I will have some serious room & my own sink.
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

Did she talk you into marry her a few years ago? :?
Congratulations! You have a wonderful wife let you spent $$$ :shock: and now ask you spend some more :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was lucky like you but not at this time :oops:
She's asked me to clean up the garage & then I have my own room, own sink IF I have more grinders (small hand crank for travel) :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cafesp
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Yes, my wife is definitely a keeper but it took a few tries to get to this point. Like myself she's also a life long motorcyclist & when I mention adding another bike to the garage (8 currently) her only question is "can I ride it".
Niko

Post by Niko »

How fine will that Zass grind?
Can it do a Turkish?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I doubt mine will go that fine but they do make a Turkish Mill.
http://www.sweetmarias.com/Merchant2/me ... re_Code=sm
Niko

Post by Niko »

Yeah I know about the Turkish Mill.
I didn't want to wait another decade until Zass makes more...
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Here's the new set up with the feet set at 4.5", I didn't care for the look with the drawer under the machine so I mounted it in the cupboard below.Image
Niko

Post by Niko »

Now it's looking more organized.
Nice, very nice indeed with those stilts.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Thanks. I got used to having the open space under the machine the last couple days so I couldn't bring myself to block it all off with the drawer. It lightens up the area & the taller feet make the V2 a little more impressive. Should be receiving my Cocobolo p/f handle shortly which should add a nice touch to the front.
Niko

Post by Niko »

The Cocobolo is one of my favorite handles also, :wink:
You're going to enjoy that one.
Weska

Post by Weska »

Nicely arranged, JohnB. The drawer with knockbox and accessory chambers is especially nice.
JohnB

Re: JohnB.'s Coffee World

Post by JohnB »

Here's the latest version although there should be some other changes soon.
Current Setup.JPG
Current Setup.JPG (106.45 KiB) Viewed 16471 times
Coffee Cupboards.JPG
Coffee Cupboards.JPG (60.12 KiB) Viewed 16471 times

Return to “Pride Page”