Advice to new owner

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Barry

Advice to new owner

Post by Barry »

Hi! Just took the plunge and order my LaSpaziale this morning along with a Mazzer Mini. My Isomac Tea and current Mazzer Mini are going to the office. I have read most of the postings on the forum but was wondering if those of you with several months of experience have any quick hints? I will be plumbing the system in using the filter/softener setup from Chris. I must say I am somewhat concerned about the "drip" thread. Will post initial feedback and experiences once the machine is up and runing.

Regards to all and special thanks to Chas for setting this forum up!
Barry
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Welcom to the "club" Barry. If you haven't already done so, click the "Go to S1 Web Site" link above. On the home page is a link to my own S1 User's Manual. You might enjoy a read while waiting for your new machine. I sent an electronic copy to Chris when I made it. He seemed excited about it and it sounded like he might actually ship it with his new S1s. I did send it to him in Word format so he could do any additional tweaking if he wanted. I'll be interested to hear from you exactly what the manual that comes with your S1 looks like. Let me know.

I'll also be interested to see if your S1 drips. THey all drip a bit when warming up and after pulling a shot. However, if I dumped my drip tray after pulling my last shot of the day, the next morning there might be 6 oz of water in there or about 12-16oz total in 24 hours. I tried everything without success and then one day it just stopped. Now if I empty the drip tray at the end of the day, the next morning it is completely dry.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “General Q&A”