Front panel LED issue

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
zippigui
Freeze Dried

Front panel LED issue

Post by zippigui »

Hi all,

I bought a used S1 V1 with the front panel LED issue. The machine is set for 15amp and heats up fine. The issue that I am having is with the LEDs on the front panel, even though the machine powers on, the power LED light is off and when it comes time for the steam boiler to heat up, the LED is off as well. Is this an indication of a bad controller board?

I did buy new LED bulbs from Amazon to troubleshoot. Connecting the new LED bulb to the back off the front control panel on both the On/Stby and Boiler did not make a difference.

Any assistance you could provide on the next steps to troubleshoot is greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Anthony
1AB2527C-8144-4901-A508-7746267778A9.jpeg
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Front panel LED issue

Post by chas »

You may need a new front panel assembly or else you may have some broken wires in the cable that connects between the controller board and the front panel. By all means check the cable first since it is easier and cheaper to replace, if that's where the problem is.

BTW: Did you press the Boiler button first to ensure that it is on? (If the steam boiler is heating just fine this is probably not the issue.)
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
zippigui
Freeze Dried

Post by zippigui »

Thank you so much, Chas! Would you happen to know where I can find this ribbon cable? I will try to test this cable this weekend when I am home from school.

I did press the Boiler button but due to not being able to tell from the LED light, I did not know if they button was functioning correctly. However, I know the boiler is heating up fine.

Anthony
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Short of contacting Chris Coffee Services in order to purchase the exactly correct cable for the machine, you can check Walmart on-line, Google ribbon cables, or buy some ribbon cable and connectors and make your own. Since I have a Dream I can't check for you since my machine design is different.

BTW: If the Boiler is working, the Boiler Button is probably OK, too.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

In case you haven't searched the site for "Ribbon Cable", I did find the following info:

Buttons:
1. On/Off - Pin 1(GND) and Pin 11 (5V)
2. Single Shot - Pin 2 and Pin 5
3. Double Shot - Pin 2 and Pin 7
4. Steam Boiler - Pin 2 and Pin 9
5. Watter - Pin 1 and Pin3

Lights:
1. On/STBY LED - Pin 12 and Pin 13
2. Water LED - Pin 8 and Pin 13
3. 97C LED - Pin 6 and Pin 13
4. 96C LED - Pin 4 and Pin 13
5. 95C LED - Pin 12 and Pin 14
6. 94C LED - Pin 10 and Pin 14
7. 93C LED - Pin 8 and Pin 14
8. 92C LED - Pin 6 and Pin 14
9. 91C LED - Pin 4 and Pin 14
10. BOILER LED - Pin 10 and Pin 13

Pins 13 and Pin 15 are connected together and
Pins 14 and Pin 16 are also connected together.
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”