Mini Vivaldi 2 - pump runs continuously

If something breaks post warranty, let us know about it. Tell us how you fixed it. Let us know how much the parts cost.
philfromseattle
Freeze Dried

Mini Vivaldi 2 - pump runs continuously

Post by philfromseattle »

I have an 8 year old mini V 2 that has an intermittent problem. Every couple of months, the vibro pump runs continuously. If I power cycle (turn off, wait a few seconds, turn on) the problem goes away and the machine works normally. Kind of hard to track it down. A few days ago, it happened again but this time a power cycle did not "fix" the problem and the pump continued to run continuously. I tried power cycling several times but the problem did not go away. I tried a couple of things and found that if I turn off the boiler, the pump stops running so I think it is related to filling the boiler.

I powered it down and took off the warming tray to look inside. I didn't see anything that looked burned or otherwise wrong. When I powered it up again, the problem went away and the machine worked correctly. Sigh. However, I expect this just a warning.

In looking at the manual and parts list, it looks like the boiler level sensor is a possible culprit. It is a $30 item and looks straight forward to replace. Does this make sense? Any thoughts on this? Any other things that could be a problem?

I do plan on resetting/tightening any electrical connectors in case it is something loose or oxidized, by the way.

One other thing, I have not flushed the machine in a long time. We have super low calcium water where I live (literally mountain water) so haven't felt the need to do it but will run a flush cycle just to be sure.

Thanks for your consieration
Phil

Return to “VII Out-of-Warranty Problems”