S1V2 temp probe issues

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
msaskin
Freeze Dried

S1V2 temp probe issues

Post by msaskin »

I have an S1 V2 (really a Lucca A53) that has been working flawlessly for 4+ years and recently started eating up grouphead temperature probes. I had one fail (20-21 lights lit up) about 6 months ago, replaced it, and it worked fine until last week. Same error, replaced with another new temperature probe, which worked for 1 day and then failed - or at least is coming up with the same error again.

I'm open to any suggestions on potential troubleshooting as a next step.

Thanks!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: S1V2 temp probe issues

Post by chas »

This fault can have three different potential causes: 1) Temperature >145C when initially turned on. Probe or circuit shorted. 2) Temperature <60C (Probe or Circuit Open.) 3. Temperature does not exceed 60C within 5 minutes.

Error 1 is most likely the probe though it could also be the result of a short between the 2 wires.
Error 2 could be the probe or a loose wire between the probe and the controller board.
Error 3 is probably a faulty boiler heat element. This error would take 5 minutes to happen after the boiler turns on. The first two would probably happen immediately.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”