Reservoir changing flavor of water - not for the better

Did you have an issue or question about operation of your Dream T tank machine on Day One right out of the box? If so, report it here and also keep us abreast of the resolution.
kjayma
Freeze Dried

Reservoir changing flavor of water - not for the better

Post by kjayma »

I received a new Dream T from Chris Coffee a few weeks ago, and I'm having the trouble in the subject line.

I noticed the flavor from the hot water dispenser had a chemical flavor - almost chlorine-like. I checked the water from our tap, and it was perfectly fine, as always. Then I removed the water reservoir from the Dream T. I dipped a cup into the reservoir and took a taste. Yech - the chemical flavor from the hot water dispenser. I thought the problem might be the OSCAR filter that came with the tank, so I removed the OSCAR filter and refilled the tank. Evidently, the OSCAR filter was not the problem, because, after a few hours, the water from the reservoir tasted bad again.

Is this a typical issue? Will it go away after a time? If not, how are other Dream T users dealing with it?

P.S., my water hardness is 7 PPM. I tested the flow from the tank with and without the OSCAR filter (with a fresh tank of water and the filter in overnight). I see no difference; the hardness was 7 PPM from the tap, from the reservoir with the filter, and from the reservoir without the filter. I'm using Hach Total Water Hardness strips to measure. 7 PPM was also the reading I received from the strips that Chris shipped with the Dream T. Any recommendations for a better alternative to reduce my water hardness?

Return to “Dream T Day One Issues”