Loose pump?

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Dream Tank version. New owners post your impressions of your Dream T - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
lowellw2
Latte

Loose pump?

Post by lowellw2 »

The vibratory pump in my new Dream T seems somewhat louder than my previously owned Mini S1. This has surprised me given that I believed it was going to be somewhat quieter. Of course my ears and memory have aged about a decade so my perception may also be suspect. In looking at the factory parts diagram I believe the cause might be that the "bumpers" where the pump is mounted may have loosened in shipping and/or operation. My question is how best to check them. I assume the pump is mounted on the bottom plate near the back. Being somewhat lazy I don't want to just start taking it apart and seek advise as to where to begin. I assume removing the side panels and the back panel would be the proper steps.
Dream T
Anfilm CODY II grinder
Zebra wood drop tamper
Espro toroid pitcher
jfrescki
God Shot

Re: Loose pump?

Post by jfrescki »

If it's the same setup as the Mini, you have no choice but to remove the top, then the sides, then the back because that's where the pump is and the pieces come off in that order.
John

Mini Vivaldi, EPC-8, SJ, Steel Burr Vario
Behmor, Modded Poppery
Coffee Stuff
lowellw2
Latte

Re: Loose pump?

Post by lowellw2 »

Thanks. I got some energy and took my Dream T apart as you noted. It was a lot easier than I remember on the Mini as the side panels are much easier to manage (excellent improvement). I did not find the pump loose nor anything touching it. However, as I listened to the pump running it became quite clear that the noise was coming from the top front left corner of the machine. It turns out the nut holding the front panel on was suffice try loose to vibrate. My supposition is that it was not tightened when the preinfusion chamber was installed. In any event the problem is resolved and the machine is quieter than it was. :grin:
Dream T
Anfilm CODY II grinder
Zebra wood drop tamper
Espro toroid pitcher

Return to “Dream T General Q&A”