I did it- La Marzocco GS3 MP replacing vivaldi ii

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
dregsCup

I did it- La Marzocco GS3 MP replacing vivaldi ii

Post by dregsCup »

Hi folks,

After 6 good years of ownership of our la spaziale vivaldi ii (with red side panels, thank you very much) we made the big move and bought the latest "new" la marzocco GS3 MP.
The old and the new
The old and the new
_MG_1474.jpg (822.36 KiB) Viewed 6772 times
The vivaldi was a great first machine to learn on and grow with. Our reasons for upgrading were a significant decrease in reliability of the vivaldi in the last few years. Essentially something broke every six months or so. Repairs could take weeks as we ordered parts and installed them, or worse yet gave in and paid someone else to repair it. Weeks of Peets. Unhappy weeks.

We had a great experience getting the machine ordered and setup. We live in silicon valley (you're welcome America) and worked with Ikon coffee. Great people and service- https://www.ikoncoffee.com/
_MG_1483.jpg
_MG_1483.jpg (792.59 KiB) Viewed 6772 times
IMG_3463.jpg
IMG_3463.jpg (784.58 KiB) Viewed 6772 times
_MG_1475.jpg
_MG_1475.jpg (771.57 KiB) Viewed 6772 times
I will be moving to a less vivialdi focused forum to post a longer writeup on the new machine. Apparently I am the first or second person in the US to have this guy- https://home.lamarzoccousa.com/introduc ... ew-gs3-mp/

Ciao!
Sambuist

Re: I did it- La Marzocco GS3 MP replacing vivaldi ii

Post by Sambuist »

nice setup, clearly an upgrade from the VII. i myself am looking at upgrading from an Hx to a DB and was wondering if you would be willing to part with your VII (assuming you still have it).
bluesman

"something broke every six months or so" ??

Post by bluesman »

Hi -

1st post here from a septuagenarian life-long espresso lover, BGA member, HB regular, and only slightly crusty curmudgeon! Oscar, my faithful companion for years, is getting longer in the tooth than his owner - so I'm doing his succession planning for him, and the VII is at the top of my list.........well, actually it's a few notches down, but it's also thousands less expensive than the big guys. This is the first I've seen about frequent and disabling problems within a few years of purchase, so I have to ask - what kinds of failures have you had?

Your new GS3's a dream, and I'm sure you'll truly love it. It's #1 on my list, with a LMLM in the runner up slot - but I can't justify the $$ now that I'm retired. The older I've gotten, the fewer knobs I need :-P

Thanks & best regards -

David

Return to “VII General Q&A”