Is this part from my vivaldi?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
nod1
Latte

Is this part from my vivaldi?

Post by nod1 »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419881017.369042.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419881017.369042.jpg (288.84 KiB) Viewed 14733 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nod1
Latte

Re: Is this part from my vivaldi?

Post by nod1 »

Hi
I have been enjoying this forum for a while but am posting for the first time. I have a vivaldi II paired with a versalab m3 and live in the UK. Today I fitted the mechanical infusion part from Chris' coffee. It all went well but when I cleared up I found the following part ... See photo please.. Is it anything to do with the vivaldi or has it appeared in my toolbox
Any advice gratefully received thanks

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I am not not aware of any place on the S1 that uses this type of washer.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
nod1
Latte

Post by nod1 »

Thanks a lot Chas... That is what I was hoping....

peter

Post by peter »

That's a Versa Lab burr sharpener; once a month you're supposed to run it through the grinder and the little teeth clean out the grooves on the burrs and sharpen them simultaneously. Right, Chas?

;-)
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Peter used the wrong emoticon. He should have used: :angel12:
peter wrote:That's a Versa Lab burr sharpener; once a month you're supposed to run it through the grinder and the little teeth clean out the grooves on the burrs and sharpen them simultaneously. Right, Chas?

;-)
Chas
Hottop P/B
nod1
Latte

Post by nod1 »

peter wrote:That's a Versa Lab burr sharpener; once a month you're supposed to run it through the grinder and the little teeth clean out the grooves on the burrs and sharpen them simultaneously. Right, Chas?

;-)
Ha... i think it is multi purpose... im happy to post it over to the US and you can sharpen up the k10!
Firochromis
Macchiato

Post by Firochromis »

nod1 wrote:Hi
I have been enjoying this forum for a while but am posting for the first time. I have a vivaldi II paired with a versalab m3 and live in the UK. Today I fitted the mechanical infusion part from Chris' coffee. It all went well but when I cleared up I found the following part ... See photo please.. Is it anything to do with the vivaldi or has it appeared in my toolbox
Any advice gratefully received thanks

My Vivaldi has this part. It is the locking washer in tha steam knob. I'll post the diagram later today from my PC. This is diffucult on Tapatalk.
Be in Peace,

Firat Cingi
nod1
Latte

Post by nod1 »

Thanks a lot Firochromis... I will PM you my email address .. It might make it easier...

Firochromis
Macchiato

Post by Firochromis »

Hi nod,

Sorry for the late answer. It is better to add a image here because it may be that I'm using it wrongly.

I tried to explain it in the figure. I put the nut outside of the front panel, and that locking washer just inside of the panel. Otherwise, when I rotate the steam "button" whole steam arm rotates with it. And in fact I hate the Spaziale's design. I think a part like #7377 similar on the hot water out would needed here to fix the steam arm to the main chassis.
Be in Peace,

Firat Cingi
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

That toothed washer may have been added to the design later to fix that problem. I installed the mechanical preinfusion device to my VII before they came out with the programmable preinfusion firmware upgrade and I don't recall that part being there at that time in the production cycle.
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “VII General Q&A”