Dream SW 1.18 - DST Bug Fixed

Forums below are for discussions of Dream and Dream T specific issues. However, both machines have as much, if not more, in common than they have differences. This area is for information sharing and questions that you think apply equally to both machines.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Dream SW 1.18 - DST Bug Fixed

Post by chas »

I checked out the first bug from earlier versions on the new 1.18 SW this morning and it is fixed. It used to be that switching between profiles made the lights behind the Steam Boiler and One-Cup buttons go out until those buttons were pressed. That no longer happens.

Now I am checking the DST fixes. For some reason, with their implementation, you have to set the clock back to at least 61 minutes before the time change and wait. So waiting is where I am at with that test at the moment.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Dream SW 1.18

Post by chas »

:tongue: After waiting 61 minutes the time did not change back one hour. That's when I realized that I forgot to turn on the Auto mode! Now waiting another hour....
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

The jump back from DT to ST worked. I am now trying it in the other direction. Of course, even if they both work flawlessly, after the March DST switch with the old code, the clock continued to switch ahead and sometimes back an hour every couple of days. So even if the ST-DT switch works only time will tell if the bug is 100% fixed. However, I am optimistic (not sure why :lol: )

For those that are wondering. If these tests work OK, I wouldn't be surprised if this new version is up on the CCS website for download tomorrow!
Chas
Hottop P/B
Parsons

Post by Parsons »

If you set the clock at 1.30 AM the first Sunday in November, you can't be sure whether you are still with the DST time or already with the standard time. That is probably why you have to set the time before 1 AM, so that you can be sure you are currently using the DST time.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Parsons wrote:If you set the clock at 1.30 AM the first Sunday in November, you can't be sure whether you are still with the DST time or already with the standard time. That is probably why you have to set the time before 1 AM, so that you can be sure you are currently using the DST time.
I suspect that you are correct. Given that, the switch over in the other direction from 2AM to 3AM for Standard to Daylight should not have any such ambiguity... and it doesn't. I can set the time to 1:59AM and one minute later at 2:00AM the time correctly switches to 3AM. So I am ready to give CCS my seal of approval for this 1.18 SW version.
Chas
Hottop P/B
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

chas wrote:
Parsons wrote:If you set the clock at 1.30 AM the first Sunday in November, you can't be sure whether you are still with the DST time or already with the standard time. That is probably why you have to set the time before 1 AM, so that you can be sure you are currently using the DST time.
I suspect that you are correct. Given that, the switch over in the other direction from 2AM to 3AM for Standard to Daylight should not have any such ambiguity... and it doesn't. I can set the time to 1:59AM and one minute later at 2:00AM the time correctly switches to 3AM. So I am ready to give CCS my seal of approval for this 1.18 SW version.
Hello, you seem to be the 'voice' on here and I appreciate researching your posts on the dream. I am looking at the Dream T and want the timer feature as I will use it daily. Would like the ability to plum or tank, But it's not that big of a deal. Are all of the kinks worked out with this update? Safe to buy?!also considering the Duetto 3.0. Thanks
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I think you're safe in buying the Dream now. The 1.18 version just fixes a few nagging items. We're still trying to get LS to make some changes to the hardware offset and the PID settings but it seems like that will be a while yet. Until then just bumping the Offset should do it. As a matter of fact, if you purchase one now, the Offset will probably be set correctly. After comparing notes it sounds like the Scace device or more likely the digital thermometer CCS uses to adjust the offset on the devices prior to shipment was quite far off calibration. Now that it is fixed the machines are getting set correctly rather than all going out the door with a 0F offset.

I noticed today that they still have not posted version 1.19 on their website. I was going to e-mail them and ask, but I found out that the whole place essentially shut down today so the staff could attend the SCAA show in Boston.

When I found out last year that SCAA would be in Boston this year I really wanted to attend, but then I forgot all about it.
Chas
Hottop P/B
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

chas wrote:I think you're safe in buying the Dream now. The 1.18 version just fixes a few nagging items. We're still trying to get LS to make some changes to the hardware offset and the PID settings but it seems like that will be a while yet. Until then just bumping the Offset should do it. As a matter of fact, if you purchase one now, the Offset will probably be set correctly. After comparing notes it sounds like the Scace device or more likely the digital thermometer CCS uses to adjust the offset on the devices prior to shipment was quite far off calibration. Now that it is fixed the machines are getting set correctly rather than all going out the door with a 0F offset.

I noticed today that they still have not posted version 1.19 on their website. I was going to e-mail them and ask, but I found out that the whole place essentially shut down today so the staff could attend the SCAA show in Boston.

When I found out last year that SCAA would be in Boston this year I really wanted to attend, but then I forgot all about it.

Thanks for the info, it's obvious you do a lot on here. I called CCS today and found out they were at the Boston show like you said. I spoke with a lady who more or less, swayed me more towards the Duetto 3 over the Dream T. I'm waiting for some quotes next week and will go from there. I could go with either though, both are great systems.
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

I was hoping to see some more results from the latest software update from users. Are the issues taken care of?
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

Latest version on the CCA site is still 1.17. Is there any info as to when the next update is coming?
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

SW 1.18 fixes a minor glitch with the lamps behind a couple of the buttons when switching profiles. No biggee. It also fixes the DST issues. This IS a big deal but not until Nov. 5th. Given that they are having problems trying to figure out why a few machines keep shutting down for no apparent reason, they have not prioritized release of 1.18.
Chas
Hottop P/B
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

Thanks, Chas.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W

Return to “Dream and Dream T Common Feature Discussions”