s1v2 multi year update (11/2006 till 1/2013)

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
scot
Macchiato

s1v2 multi year update (11/2006 till 1/2013)

Post by scot »

So a few weeks ago my girlfriend heard a hissing from the s1v2. It was slight, but enough to know there was a problem. I checked it out, and it seemed to be the vacuum breaker, but I wasn't sure. Took off the case, powered it back up and sure enough there was a leak on the breaker top. I pulled the breaker off and used some vinegar to remove any scale, plugged it all back and it still hissed. I jiggled the valve top and the hissing stopped so it needs replacement. Unfortunately that didn't solve all of the problems, as the pressure built the hissing came back, but it looks like I was wrong, the safety valve was also leaking slightly.

Took it off and tried to use some vinegar on that, but no luck. The rubber piece holding it together was ripped and the small amount of scale was holding it all together :) So gotta replace that as well.

Otherwise over the years I've had one temperature sensor and a bunch of head gaskets replaced, but that's about it.

One strong caution though, over the years the parts above the boilers have become VERY brittle. the plastic overs for the connectors shattered upon touching them, as have the boiler power protectors. I've glued them back together and will protect the others, but they are still very vulnerable. If you need to take yours apart be very aware of this.

Chris's coffee is shipping me parts, and I finally shipped them my control board to upgrade the s1v2 to include pre-infusion a few years late, but figured the machine was down anyways... Better late than never!
awong

Re: s1v2 multi year update (11/2006 till 1/2013)

Post by awong »

Did this recently. Let me know if you have questions.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”