My humble setup

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
bamaster

My humble setup

Post by bamaster »

New kid here. Picked up a new Mini Vivaldi I about a week ago. Paired with a Mahlkonig ProM grinder. So far so good.

I've had the temperature label sticker replaced with the 1*C increments version from Chris' Coffee (it came with 5* increments). Received a bottomless portafilter with triple basket yesterday. Only a few shots with that so far but that's a bunch of fun! I have a pre-infusion chamber on the way. I'm considering the idea of getting the double manometer, dunno know about that.

Before buying the Mini, I had an Izzo Alex Duetto II on pre-order. It was ready to ship this morning but I canceled the order. As much as I'd like a Duetto, it ain't $650 better than the Mini! (Got the Mini for $1650)

Currently brewing Red Bird Espresso. I have some Redline on the way. It's set up at 92*C with +2*C offset, at the moment. Not sure how accurate the offset is. Not buying a scace so I'll do some testing with a digital thermometer. Someone wanna send me theirs? :lol:
La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi I and Mahlkonig ProM
La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi I and Mahlkonig ProM
laspaziale_bar.jpg (89.92 KiB) Viewed 11147 times
slo
Barista

Re: My humble setup

Post by slo »

This is modest!!! :shock:

I wish I had this setup! The little nook looks great and the dedicated mini sink is a great touch.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
Endo

Post by Endo »

Very nice setup ! Love that Pro M. 8)

The duetto wouldn't buy you much more than what you got. In fact, if your not plumbing-in, I prefer the Mini front loading reservoir over the awkward Duetto top tank.

I wouldn't worry about the dual manometer. I thought about it at first as well, but after seeing the needle vibrate on Mini V2 machines and after making my own more accurate PF meter, I haven't bothered. If you wanted it, you could get a new front cover, dual gauge and T fitting for about $150 from CC.

I borrowed a Scace from Greg to calibrate my machine, but it ended up raising more questions than anything else !

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1278

I suggest you set yor machine at the average +3C offset and forget about it. Taste will tell you if you're off, but I expect you'll be accurate within +/- 1C. If you are really curious, just make a DIY Scace like I did for about $25 (see link):

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1366
oton

Post by oton »

"Humble" :lol:

Wish I had a dedicated sink just near the S1.

I don't know why people say that the S1 is ugly. You only need to pair it with the rest of the elements to get a nice looking set up.

Great. Enjoy!
Endo

Post by Endo »

I think the S1 is one of the most beautiful machines out there. Especially the back. No machine under $6K looks better then the S1 on a island where both sides are displayed.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Endo wrote:I think the S1 is one of the most beautiful machines out there. Especially the back. No machine under $6K looks better then the S1 on a island where both sides are displayed.
The Elektra Sixties A3 looks pretty nice on an island.
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

JohnB wrote:The Elektra Sixties A3 looks pretty nice on an island.
Yes it does but the S1 is nicer! Well to me at least.
It is all a matter of taste, of course and do not want to argue but, as Endo mentioned, I also have heard a lot of people saying that the Vivaldi was not very attractive. I just love the look of it. And on bamaster "humble setup" it looks very well coordinated.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I'm not disagreeing, I've always felt the Vivaldi stood out in a sea of look alike shiny boxes. When I first got mine none of the regulars on H-B took the Vivaldi seriously & all I heard were disparaging remarks about the plastic side covers. Now the same folks recommend it when ever someone is looking for a DB. Nice to see that some of our Vivaldi Fan Boyism paid off.

Return to “Pride Page”