V2 Top Cover Redesign

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

V2 Top Cover Redesign

Post by chas »

I just checked Chris Coffee website to see if there was anything about the redesign to replace the fan and Triac boards with SSRs. I didn't see anything about that. However, the top has been redesigned to get rid of that plexiglass rail that keeps the cups from sliding off. Check out the top photo of the black machine on the V2 page. It's the new design. I think the other photos still show the plexiglass rail. It looks very nice and no doubt will save CCS a lot of money in replacing those rails that break in transit.

http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/hom ... /vivaldi_2

Just so you potential Mini purchasers don't feel left out, those machines have the same redesign and there is a photo of it on the Mini page as well. Have any recent purchasers gotten this new version yet?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Endo

Re: V2 Top Cover Redesign

Post by Endo »

I don't see much point since cups don't usually fit down the little edge crack! :lol: Just remove the plexi-tray if you don't like it. :roll:

Anyway, it does look nice and it's good to see them improving things. I'll have to get one of those if the top gets too scuffed up from cups.

He doesn't seem to be selling it as an spare part yet. Wonder how much it will go for? I'd guess around $55.
slo
Barista

Re: V2 Top Cover Redesign

Post by slo »

I personally think that it looks much better without the guard as long as there is no big gap.

Never been a big fan of the plexi guard anyway. Mine got scratched in the first few days and things are not improving.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?

Return to “General Q&A”