What Type?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Mark

What Type?

Post by Mark »

Hi could you guys give me any suggestions what type of espresso machine i should get? I have restaurant with average 200 customers per day and i would like to get espresso machine should i get semi automatic, full automatic, or super automatic?
Endo

Re: What Type?

Post by Endo »

All Vivaldis are full auto.
Endo

Post by Endo »

For the last few days I've been using a super-auto. I may die.
I find it difficult to describe how bad it is.....but this may give you some idea. :pukeright:
oton

Post by oton »

This afternoon I was in a mall, I went to see the coffee machines and I have seen some automatic machines of €500, €800 and €1400! :tard: Saecos and Juras like the Jura Impressa J5... which looks like a plastic crap. I don't know how it tastes... But I can imagine it. :roll:
MichaelN

Post by MichaelN »

Endo wrote:For the last few days I've been using a super-auto. I may die.
I have a couple of friends who each have recently purchased a high end super-automatic. One is a Saeco and the other a Jura. You know, the quality of the coffee was better than I expected. It was not only drinkable, but even enjoyable. In both cases I asked for 2nds, much to their delite. Friends and family are always nervous about serving me coffee because they know how serious I take it at home with my machine, fresh beans and other coffee gear.

For non-OCD, non-perfectionists who just want quick and convenient coffee at home without the fuss then these machines are a great choice. Both of these friends previously had lower end automatic machines that they had not invested the time to make the most out of them. The resuts were barely drinkable.

For myself, I wouldn't have it any other way and can't imagine being without my S1.

Michael
oton

Post by oton »

I have a Nespresso Krups as secondary weapon. Good thing is that it does not cost €1000 like some Juras... :roll:
Endo

Post by Endo »

I usually bring my turkish grinder, a bag of good beans and my Aeropress when I travel. This time I forgot the kit.

All that was offered this time was stale grocery store beans and the super-auto. Super-bad! But like you said, I still appreciated the offer.

Only worse shot I had was when on vacation at a place called "Uglie Mugs Coffe Shop and Bead Store" in North Carolina. I asked for an espresso. She managed to fill the whole 10 oz paper coffee cup to the rim with the longest luongo I've ever seen! How generous! (and disgusting). To be polite, I asked if I could have it in a ceramic espresso cup instead (hoping she'd be limited to 2 oz and get the hint). She said she had only paper...... I left.

Return to “General Q&A”