Taller feet source?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
CanAmSteve

Taller feet source?

Post by CanAmSteve »

Hello all - just got my new Mk II set up here in the UK. I have the optional drain kit (which in the UK came with a "hole" new drip tray with... a hole in it) but find the machine sits too low to allow the drain kit to work properly. The supplied hose is a heavy ribbed 15mm inside diameter, and when passing it through a hole in the countertop to the drain, it bends up as it goes through, making a "trap" that prevents the drain from working properly. I am working on obtaining a 15mm barbed 90 degree elbow (this is an esoteric item in the UK :-) but in the meantime, taller feet would also help. The existing feet seem to have 6mm stud connections. I've tried Steve at Hasbean (UK supplier) and Chris @ Chris Coffee with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks - Steve
JohnB

Re: Taller feet source?

Post by JohnB »

Something like these? They will adjust up to 7" tall but I leave them set at 4.75". They are Cimbali commercial feet I adapted to the Vivaldi. There are no tall feet that will just screw onto the Vivaldi but you could easily make some sort of stand for the stock feet to sit on that would raise your machine.
Attachments
Johnie's Coffee World.JPG
Johnie's Coffee World.JPG (94.37 KiB) Viewed 7908 times
CanAmSteve

Post by CanAmSteve »

The supermodel machine!

I think that's a bit too tall for me. I might just go for one-inch rubber door stops and some 6mm bolts and see how that works. Interestingly, there are lots of feet available in various heights, but all with 10mm studs. Thanks - Steve
CanAmSteve

Post by CanAmSteve »

OK - I have managed to make some taller feet. The original feet are about 1"/25mm tall and I wanted to double that. I tried some commercial speaker feet but they were not tall enough. They were also too soft - great for absorbing speaker vibrations but too squishy for the S.

The simple answer was two rubber door stops back-to-back and some countersunk head 6mm machine screws. Works a charm. Now my drain kit actually works, as well.
Attachments
feet.jpg
feet.jpg (66.95 KiB) Viewed 7802 times
Dan Bollinger

Post by Dan Bollinger »

I made my own 2" high legs from 1" black delrin turned on a lathe. I drilled a countersunk hole for new metric bolts and cut a shallow groove on the bottom to glue in o-rings for rubber surface to prevent the machine from moving when installing the PF.

Return to “VII General Q&A”