Pourable microfoam - on my third try!

Forums below are for discussions of Dream and Dream T specific issues. However, both machines have as much, if not more, in common than they have differences. This area is for information sharing and questions that you think apply equally to both machines.
RonMJ

Pourable microfoam - on my third try!

Post by RonMJ »

After reading a lot on this forum, my first two attempts flopped, but I nailed it the third time! 6oz of fat free milk, 12 oz flat walled pitcher, tip in the center (why is the arm so damn short anyway?) a bit below the surface. Expand about 40-50%, then submerge the tip about 1 1/2", move the tip toward the side and tilt the pitcher so the steam hits the side of the pitcher and goes down, swirling the milk down, across the bottom and then up the other side. Shut the steam when the thermometer gets close to 140, temp settled in a bit over 150. Every drop was microfoam. No milk under the foam. So far loving my new Dream T. And I only got it last night.

Edit: the difference on the third try was moving the wand to the side and tilting the pitcher. The prior two attempts was just moving the tip straight down into the milk.
Last edited by RonMJ on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ch83

Re: Pourable microfoam - on my third try!

Post by Ch83 »

Nice! I haven't tried that way yet I'll give it a go today

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Return to “Dream and Dream T Common Feature Discussions”