Group Cleaning function

Forums below are for discussions of Dream and Dream T specific issues. However, both machines have as much, if not more, in common than they have differences. This area is for information sharing and questions that you think apply equally to both machines.
goodboyr
Barista

Group Cleaning function

Post by goodboyr »

Just doing my backflush routine, without detergent, and noted the icon for group cleaning in the menu. What I learned is that this is a pretty handy function. When activated, it does the backflush for you automatically, by running the pump for 5 seconds, pausing for 5 seconds, and repeating this sequence till you stop it. It also ignores any preinfusion setting you have, so you get a full 5 seconds of pump backflush. Its a nice "set and forget" part of the routine. So, I remove the screens and replace with the clean set, run the backflush routine, and in parallel clean the screens I removed while the machine backflushes itself.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Group Cleaning function

Post by chas »

One of the other functions the machine has is a running shot counter, but when you use the cleaning feature it's smart enough not to count those cycles as shots.

However, the volume of water used is checked as there is another counter to let you know when to change your softener filter assuming that feature is enabled.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Dream and Dream T Common Feature Discussions”