1st Software Update May Be Close

Forums below are for discussions of Dream and Dream T specific issues. However, both machines have as much, if not more, in common than they have differences. This area is for information sharing and questions that you think apply equally to both machines.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

1st Software Update May Be Close

Post by chas »

I mentioned in the thread about the 3-way valve issues that LaSpaziale has come up with a replacement part that was shipping to CCS last week. However, in re-reading that CCS e-mail over again I missed another key point. LaSpaziale was also supposed to be shipping the next version of software to CCS last week.

I imagine that CCS will do a fair amount of testing before releasing it to current owners, but it shouldn't be too many weeks away.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: 1st Software Update May Be Close

Post by chas »

I am beta testing software v. 1.14. They have fixed the issue with the Automatic On/Off timer disabling every time you manually cycle the machine on or off. LaSpaz also added the ability to scroll through lists or even the menu screens by holding down the arrow keys. Times show AM/PM for "American" mode. You can now have spaces in the Profile names. Period equals a space. So as long as you don't really want a period in the Profile name you are golden.

However, the profile write function which was supposed to work in this version doesn't and the increase in amount of time that the shot timer continues to display after the shot ends is still not right. For my money it's a worthwhile update to get the things that are fixed, but it's up to CCS to see if they want to roll it out now or get the things fixed that aren't quite right fixed first. At any rate, it's coming along and won't be much longer.

I also need to "regression test" for a while to ensure that things which were working right didn't get broken.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
fiddlefadel

Post by fiddlefadel »

Thanks for the tip about removing the steel wool from the 3way valve, my solenoid works much better now.Before this mod I used to get a very wet puck now I can make multiple shots without the mess.
Best
Dave
fiddlefadel

Post by fiddlefadel »

Chas, I would like a option to set the machine to alert you when your machine is warmed up and ready. A adjustable timer that would alert you with a beep or possibly a heat sensor in the brew head to do the same.
Thanks
Dave

Return to “Dream and Dream T Common Feature Discussions”