New machine with a slight leak

Did you have an issue or question about operation of your Dream T tank machine on Day One right out of the box? If so, report it here and also keep us abreast of the resolution.
cn80

New machine with a slight leak

Post by cn80 »

Hello everyone just got a dream t delivered and set it up but noticed a small leak can anyone tell me where it's coming from and how to fix it please.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180722-165851~2.jpg
goodboyr
Barista

Re: New machine with a slight leak

Post by goodboyr »

It looks like it's coming from one of the small Teflon lines going into brew boiler. Remove the top panel and look down from top. This is a quick connect push in fitting that depends on a clean end cut on the Teflon and a fully pushed in connection. It's also easy to nick these lines causing a leak. All will be revealed when you look down from the top.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
cn80

Post by cn80 »

Thanks for your reply I will take a look as you said
cn80

Post by cn80 »

I have pictured where the leak is coming from its the clear pipe in the middle you can see a drip forming.
Any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot_20180723-145908~2.jpg
Screenshot_20180723-145908~2.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 14098 times
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

Ok. As suspected it's a small Teflon tube connection. The brass connection has a thin collar. Depower and shut off water to machine. If you push the collar back towards the fitting, while pulling on the tube, you can pull the tube out. Inspect the end of the tube for a clean, perpendicular cut. If the end isn't cut straight and you have enough slack in the tube, make a clean cut, then push the tube all the way into the fitting until it stops. That should fix the leak.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
cn80

Post by cn80 »

Thanks goodboyr after a bit of fiddling it seems to have stopped leaking even after pulling a few shots.
It seems that that tube feeds the gauge and when pulling a shot the gauge does not move on the left side which is the brew pressure gauge the left gauge which is I'm assuming the steam pressure is working fine.
See pic.
Many thanks for your help so far.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180723-155149.jpg
Screenshot_20180723-155149.jpg (78.63 KiB) Viewed 14097 times
cn80

Post by cn80 »

Can anybody advise?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Unless LaSpaziale has changed the way the gauge connects in the last few years, there is a coil of very thin copper tubing that goes between one of the pipes from the group boiler over to the pressure gauge. I would first check to see if this tubing has been kinked. If so, you probably need to replace the entire coil.

If that looks OK, you might try unscrewing the tubing from the back of the pressure gauge then turn on the group for a second or two. If water and/or steam come out of the tube, then the gauge itself has probably gone bad. If not the tubing is blocked or kinked somewhere and needs to be replaced even if the damage isn't visible.

You can also try disconnecting the tubing at both ends, then alternately, try blowing in each end in case there is a blockage that can be dislodged.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
cn80

Post by cn80 »

Thanks for your help @chas 👍

Return to “Dream T Day One Issues”