Why not go with the Dream?

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Dream Tank version. New owners post your impressions of your Dream T - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
flchriso

Why not go with the Dream?

Post by flchriso »

When I see things written about La Spaziale I see more people talking about the Mini Vivaldi II over the Dream. Of course, the Mini has been around for longer, and also I do realize that the Dream seems to have gone through some growing pains when it first came out, but I don't really find that odd for anything that is a mass-market product. At this point, I would imagine that those problems and kinks would have been worked out. So I find it strange that after all this time, people are not gravitating more to the Dream.

The timer, which seems to be a fan favorite add-on for Mini owners, already costs close the the price difference between the Mini and the Dream. If you add to that the preinfusion chamber you would be over the price difference. Couple that with the other features, PID etc. and it seems to me like it would be a no-brainer to go for the Dream. I do realize that a lot of people are apprehensive since the Dream has more electronics than the Mini, but I wouldn't imagine that would be such a sticking point since so many machines these days have a lot of tech packed into them.

I know that even quite recently people have asked the question as to whether they should buy the Dream or the Mini. However, after reading over in the forum here, it seems that that hesitation about the Dream still holds true today.

I was hoping that Dream owners or people that have had experience with the Dream could chime in and tell me both the good and the bad of their experience, how long they have owned it, etc. I am looking to upgrade my setup (the espresso machine for now) and the Dream-T although not perfect (imho) has a lot of really great features for the price point. Again, imho, I feel that La Spaziale added features to the Dream where I feel the Mini fell short. But the last thing I need is to buy a product that is going to give me a headache that is not easily fixed. It does not seem that all the parts are readily available to fix these machines.

I would also welcome anyone who owns the Mini Vivaldi II to chime in, and especially if you have had any hands-on experience with the Dream-T and could give their opinion.

Just trying to figure out why I don't hear more about the Dream or Dream-T since price-wise it beats out the competition.
goodboyr
Barista

Re: Why not go with the Dream?

Post by goodboyr »

I've been very happy with my dream. (I'm on three years now). All issues have been resolved other than temperature sensor reliability however I have very high confidence that is about to be solved too. So....bottom line, I would not hesitate in getting one. A solid, very consistent machine.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
flchriso

Post by flchriso »

Thanks for your input goodboyr. What sort of issue were there? Is the temperature sensor issue the one I have read about with the probe lifting out of place?
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

No. That's a minor boiler level sensor issue that applies to most machines, not just la spaz. The temp sensor issue can be found by searching these forums. Some dreams have had high failure rates of the coffee boiler sensor. This doesn't apply to all dreams, just some. Reasons are not fully understood. In any case, I know that la spaz is actively working on a solution. And since this doesn't affect everyone, I would not worry too much.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W

Return to “Dream T General Q&A”