Dream T GUI Manual - Filter Setting Options

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Dream Tank version. New owners post your impressions of your Dream T - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Dream T GUI Manual - Filter Setting Options

Post by chas »

I have some questions about the GUI interface on the Dream T where there are feature differences relative to the Dream "P". To simplify the discussion, I am going to use a separate thread for each feature.

Filter Settings
The photos below shows the Filter menu item I am asking about as well as the settings. Since large 10" filters are normally used with the plumbed models and small in-tank filters are normally used with the tank models, I believe the range of default values is different in the two models. The P uses 125, 250, 500, and 1250 gallons (closest even liter equivalents if in "Italian" mode). What are the four options in the Tank model?
filter1.png
filter1.png (47.24 KiB) Viewed 13470 times
filter.png
filter.png (361.32 KiB) Viewed 13470 times
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Ch83

Re: Dream T GUI Manual - Filter Setting Options

Post by Ch83 »

Doesn't let me change the value and after reset is 27gal

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Since you can't select from a set of four options does this mean that your menu only has SET and BACK as options rather than SET, 125, 250, 500, 1250, and BACK?

If so, I assume you can either hit SET to reset to filter count to 27 gallons or BACK to return to the ON/OFF menu???

27 gallons is such a weird number but I guess that is close to 100 liters which is probably the metric default in "Italian" mode. On the other hand they used even numbers for gallons on the plumbed models none of which come close to nice even numbers of liters.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Actually to make this feature work similarly to the way it does in the plumbed model, I think the field shown with the BACK option may actually let you scroll between 27 and BACK. Is that correct?
Chas
Hottop P/B
Ch83

Post by Ch83 »

If I am starting from the OFF setting, when I turn on I don't have the option of changing the counter. Up or Down arrows do nothing and stays only at "Counters". I leave off because after just one pull this morning it went from 27 to 25gal. Kinda pointless lol

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I don't know if we've really even seen anything definitive that the unit of measure is in gallons. Using your example is sounds like it's measuring ounces. Though having a limit of 27 ounces is pretty pointless! :shock:

As I noted on the GUI write-up even on plumbed models, if the current count is the same as the reset count - 27 in your case - you won't see any other menu options. However, if you are now down to 25 you should see another option to reset it to 27 if the Tank model works anything like the plumbed model.
Chas
Hottop P/B
Ch83

Post by Ch83 »

Ah hah 27 in ounces that number would make sense albeit irrational for a filter setting.

Yes after it goes down I can hold the menu button down and then reset the counter. I can't change the counter number though. Just reset back to 27 (oz ????)

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

What exactly is showing on-screen when you can hold down the menu button to reset? Does the display actually show the number 27 or something else?

BTW: Even though I am trying to get the operation of this feature documented precisely, my recommendation in the manual to not use this feature still goes. On the plumbed model it is mostly because the filter alarm start to occur when you are 80% down from the reset setting. So it I have a softener cartridge that can soften 500 gallons then it starts to alarm at 100 gallons. Maybe this is OK in a commerical environment, but for home use I don't need to worry about ordering or changing a cartridge when I have 100 gallons to go! And the situation on the tank model is even worse as you have noted.
Chas
Hottop P/B
Ch83

Post by Ch83 »

After holding down it says the comments to hit ok to reset. When you do it automatically resets. I can try again when I get home tonight

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

CH83:

There is one more thing I am looking for to ensure I have the Dream Tank documented correctly for this feature. When you get to the equivalent filter set menu below, what do you see where this menu says "125 Gal"?
filtermenu.png
filtermenu.png (40.73 KiB) Viewed 13409 times
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Dream T General Q&A”