Group Pressure

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Dream Tank version. New owners post your impressions of your Dream T - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
dbkimmey

Group Pressure

Post by dbkimmey »

I have been fiddling with my grind and length of shot pull. The machine seems to rock out a double in 24 seconds at first and had a good crema. Now the machine seems to have lost power at the group head. I am getting no warning and have no access to a scace. Any ideas on what this may be, machine or user error. I know there are tons of variables butt eh machine just doesn't seem as powerful as the first few weeks.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Group Pressure

Post by chas »

Try two tests. Pull a shot with a blind basket installed or that black rubber plug that goes in the basket when you backflush. Also, pull a shot with coffee in the basket as normal. Observe and record the group pressure shown on the main display during the two shots. They should both be close to the same value and also be about 9bar.

BTW: If you have one of those in-tank filter cartridges, take it out and repeat the above tests. These cartridges seem to gum up really fast and cause people a lot of issues. Many folks have given up on those and run their tap water through one of those pour-through Brita filters (or equivalent) rather than using the in-tank cartridges.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
dbkimmey

Post by dbkimmey »

Sweet I will try that. The filter makes the most sense as nothing else has changed. Maybe I will install Amin line filter to my faucet and just filter everything.

I was not. Aware that it showed grouper easier while pulling a shot. I will have to look for that.

Chas you are awesome thank you.
dbkimmey

Post by dbkimmey »

Appears I do not get the group pressure read out. That option is blocked not he dream t models.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

That's right we're taking tank model here. Your group pressure is on the dual pressure gauge on the panel behind the group.
Chas
Hottop P/B
dbkimmey

Post by dbkimmey »

Burning through beans trying to get this dialed in. Thanks for the help Chas, I kept the filter in but the hose had a kink I it. You pointed me I the right direction, fixed the kink then the machine shot out a double in 20 seconds. Now back to getting the grind and tamp correct.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Did you notice any difference in the sound from the pump before and after you fixed the kink? Usually the pitch of the pump sound changes when it is starved for water.
Chas
Hottop P/B
dbkimmey

Post by dbkimmey »

Yeah, it was a little louder previously. It wasn't t really loud sow as getting some water. But after I removed the kink it started kicking out water quick and I didn't pay attention to the pump sound. But was a full double in 19 seconds, a bit too fast but I had not been putting the entire 30lb tamp on my puck. Will try again tomorrow though, can only drink so much espresso in a day.

Return to “Dream T General Q&A”